cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mars finding?


@Canuck_2 wrote:

@Taylor ECIL wrote:

Actually I made 2 assumptions. You have defended abortion feverishly. So I assumed you don't believe that a fetus is a life. Since most advanced civilizations do not want to kill human life. You say they may find life on mars. It will probably not be a complex organism with a brain and nervous system. So I assumed that you believe that a single cell organism is life. Since I made those two conclusion I concluded that the ftus to you is not life otherwise you would not want to kill it. Therefore a single cell organism is life yet a fetus is not. Simple logic based on a deducgtion of your arguments made on this and other pages.


Assumption 1) that I have defended abortion feverishly.

Wrong, I have defended the use of abortion in medically necessary situations to save the life of the woman.

I also say that the woman carrying the fetus should be the final decider not some one else's religious belief.

 

Do you know the religious belifs of that woman in Ireland?  Are we sure, she was not of the same belief as the Church?  I don't know either way, but there are an awful lot of assumptions, that she would have chosen differently, but how do we KNOW?

 

Yes a single cell is life as is the mulitple cell fetus.

 

There are reasons to abort a fetus that I can understand and would allow the woman and medical people to decide.

I am always surprised how earnest some religious people are about saving all fetuses but then think it is alright to go to war and kill and maim.

 

Personally, I am anti-war.  However, on the flipside, imagine if Hitler had been stopped, before he could get started.  Lots of tough decisions, there.

 

How it is wrong for a woman to abort her fetus but OK to kill a criminal.

 

A fetus is innocent.  The death penalty for criminals, is reserved only for the most haneous of criminals, and when guilt is beyond a shadow of a doubt.  What crime, has any fetus ever been convicted of?

 

i am a firm believer that there is no black and white in a decision so I will let the person most impacted decide on the right or wrong of an abortion which impacts them directly.

I am not in favour of 1 religion imposing their 'beliefs' on others. 

 

What if that religion, is no religion?  That seems to be imposed more and more.


 

 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Mars finding?


@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:
Then why do you think non atheist would be upset if life is found on any other planet in the universe?

If I ever said anyone would be 'upset' about life being found on another planet then i am surprised.

i think my statement was it could change some attitudes and beliefs by some people.

 

 


Change some beliefs and attitudes in what way?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mars finding?

How could anyone change an attitude like yours which is set in stone. Your natural instincts have been blinded by your religious beliefs for so long, reality is out the window.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mars finding?

Does it make any difference what religion she was?

The article pointed out that she was not catholic.

 

And what if Bush had been stopped before hundreds of thousands died in the last 10 years?

 

And there are proven cases of innocents being put to death by those seeking revenge in your country too.

 

What if there is no religion?

Not sure where you see 'no religion' being forced on anyone.

Lots of cases of religion being forced on people who understand there is no god.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mars finding?

If you can tell me that there is no one who thinks there is only life on earth then this will not have to change their ideas or beliefs.

 

Those who believe all life was created on earth in the likeness of their god will have to reconsider, but of course some have been doing that looking for phrases in the bible which can be thought to include all the planets when those writing the bible did not even know there were other planets arounnd our sun let alone other planets around many other suns.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Mars finding?

What I would question about the all knowing God that supposedly wrotethe scriptures ( the devine word of God as so many claim) Why then doesn't that all knowing God speak of interplanetary activity or inter galactic history about those planets andif their was life abounding there.

 

Could it be that the scriptures are not the work of the all knowing God but merely a bunch of fables constructed by religious types trying to sell a bogus story to gullible believers.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Mars finding?


@Canuck_2 wrote:

If you can tell me that there is no one who thinks there is only life on earth then this will not have to change their ideas or beliefs.

 

Those who believe all life was created on earth in the likeness of their god will have to reconsider, but of course some have been doing that looking for phrases in the bible which can be thought to include all the planets when those writing the bible did not even know there were other planets arounnd our sun let alone other planets around many other suns.


I know of no one who thinks there can not be life on other planets. God did not just create the earth, He created the universe.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Mars finding?


@kraft-t wrote:

What I would question about the all knowing God that supposedly wrotethe scriptures ( the devine word of God as so many claim) Why then doesn't that all knowing God speak of interplanetary activity or inter galactic history about those planets andif their was life abounding there.

 

.


Because it has nothing to do with our salvation.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mars finding?

"Because it has nothing to do with our salvation."

 

That is what gets me. The promise of salvation and eternal live if you live your life on earth as the book says, from which everything written is subject to debate. Why is eternal life so great anyway? I find as I get older, I have more aches and pains and other things slow down. No one says it is fun getting old, so why would it be fun to live forever? Unsubstantiated promises that no one can check to see if delivered---that is what is in the scripture.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Mars finding?


@4wd wrote:

"Because it has nothing to do with our salvation."

 

That is what gets me. The promise of salvation and eternal live if you live your life on earth as the book says, from which everything written is subject to debate.


 

Salvation has nothing to do with the way you live your life 4by, but your acceptance of Christ as your Lord and Savior