cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Definition of assault weapon

What did you lose?  The arguement was that a govt. regulation or law took something away from you , i.e. guns.  Sure lots of things have changed due to better technology such as what you described promoting less air pollution.  BTW, you STILL are not prohibited from buying mags with a capacity of more than 10.  I never thought I would be married to my high sweetheart 45 years after we separated but I am but what does that prove?  NO ONE is going to take the guns away in this country!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: GTO, let`s talk sense

I have often said that if republicans didn't have any enemies they would have to create them.

That is exactly what is happening agains because an election cycle is soon upon us. That treaturous Obam is going to come after you gguns is the outcry from the NRA and the gun nuts. It serves two purposes to fill the coffers of the NRA and create opposition to the democrats. What makes it particularly dishonest is that there is no plans to take your guns. But that won't stop you from parroting the charge.

When that SOB wayne Lapierre calls my hme phone and interupts my evening that is the last straw. The jackass is not man enought to debate with me but he sends an audio clip to espouse his bull **bleep**. And you folks laugh at Obama for using a teleprompter. The head of the nra is not only scum but he is lying scum and you folks are enriching him and his organization basically to further your political agenda.

You know that gun legislations intent is to keep the firearms away from the mentally imbalanced. If you still got one that reason enought to pursaue more legislation. Irrational people should not have them and your argument is proof of that.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Never thought I would see the day when a rightwinger would say something meaningful.  Whoops, still haven't!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

AMEN!!  Best description I have heard in a long time!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So much for IQ. I think Craigo measures his in his shoe size.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Never thought I would see the day when the US government would supply guns to the Mexican drug lords and then use the crimes committed with those ILLEGAL guns to push for tougher gun laws in this country.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Never thought I would see the day when the Governor of one of the United States of America would call for the suspension of an election.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You need to tell that to someoe from Chicago, New York, or Washington, D.C..  It already happened there, in the past, as well as other places.  Why don't you go there, or to California, and buy me some new high-cap mags for me?  In some places, you can't do it legally.  Isn't that a restriction?

In California, there always seems to be a push for some new restriction, or tax.  In fact, they got some sort of 'safe' gun laws passed, so that a gun must pass a battery of 'safety' tests, in order to be sold there.

I think what you need to say, is that it doesn't look like anyone will accomplish much more gun restrictions as of right now, but that doesn't mean that they won't keep trying.

And, if we are going the argument that the government 'took something away from you', let's be sure that we can include money, in the form of new taxes on ammo, licensing fees, permits, etc. etc.  How is it different, to just tax something to oblivion, or make it such a hardship to own, vs. an outright ban, if the effect is the same?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Didn't some drug runner use one of those guns to killl a border patrol agent?

I never thought that Cigarette smoking would be banned, as being unhealthy, while at the same time pot smoking encouraged, for 'medicinal' purposes.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Just because you might not have the money to pay for something doesn't mean it is banned.  Do you live in CA, Chicago or Wasington, DC?  BTW, there are no laws that say you can't own or buy handguns or long guns in any of the places you quoted.  IL has no CC but CA and DC both have CC.  I have purchased 3 17 rd. mags for my FN-X9 so it is legal to both have and buy them.  What do you have against something that ensures no garbage gun is being sold on the streets?  All I'm saying is that no one is going to take away your guns.