cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Definition of assault weapon

Regardless of what all the hyperventilating mouth pieces for the repubs have told you, she was just trying to make a point that the election of Congress is 14 months away and instead of trying to work out ht eeconomic crisis that has set upon this country, most of these folks are already in campaign mode.  Really it might not be a bad idea to tell everyone already there, to fix what they broke in the next two years or they won't be allowed to run for re-election anyway.

"Governor Perdue was obviously using hyperbole to highlight what we can all agree is a serious problem: Washington politicians who focus on their own election instead of what’s best for the people they serve," a spokeswoman said".

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/27/north-carolina-governor-suggests-suspending-elections-to-...

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: GTO, let`s talk sense

You are crazier than a peach orchard boar!!  Think you can prove that rediculous statement????

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ever heard of nicotine and formaldahyde?  Mary Jane doesn't have them and that is what is really so dangerous in cigs not MJ.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Don, to converse properly we need to understand what each of us is saying.  I do not think Obama or any other president is going to send thugs/troops door to collecting every gun right down to junior`s BB-gun, too many Rightwing nut jobs like me that would make Custer`s last stand Smiley Happy  The Brady Bill in `93 was the camel`s nose in the tent, it didn`t work, me and other Rightwingers registered to vote and throw the dirty basterds out in `94.  If the Dem politicians didn`t "pay with their political lives"-Clinton`s words not mine, today our gun laws would mirror Great Britain.  If the Dems don`t want to outlaw the mass majority of firearms, why are there so many outfits like the Brady Hex contributing to those candidates?  As I said enforce the laws on the books and don`t give guns to drug dealers, seems pretty simple to me.  If the NRA bothers you, hangup the phone.  If you want to debate so bad, Don, here I am....It was wrong for the Obama administration to buy guns with tax money and give 2,000 guns to Mexican drug dealers.....Your response???

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

One question.  Do you think Obama really had an idea this was going to happen and did the entire Justice department get hired when Obama came on board?  Yes, I know that is a compound question but...I doubt that the idea even came from Holder.  I would imagine it came from some veteran police, secret service or whatever they call themselves or maybe even someone in the Border Patrol that thought it up and I am sure they thought it was a good idea.  The main problem that I see with it and not to disregard the riskiness of the original idea is that the agents who were supposed to do the following of the weapons thought it was a bad idea and they didn't do the following because they thought it was a bad idea.  I always thought that if you were hired to do a job then you did it or at least brought up your objections BEFORE the thing went down.  You never know, it might have worked as planned if all instructions and orders had been completed.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don`t know what goes on behind the scenes in a presidential administration.  As I`ve said many times Nancy Pelosi was grilled about "meaningful gun control" in `09 She was giddy with the big Dem win and said "We`ll attend to that issue in Obama`s second term.  Obama`s close advisors set what goals they think can be accomplished in a certain time frame.  They decided Obamacare was the thing to concentrate the first 4 yrs on and lay some ground work on "meaningfull gun control" and Amnesty...whoops I mean "Comprehensive immigration reform"...pardon me Smiley Happy.  Some of that ground work for guns was to work on the angle of "drug dealers getting American purchased guns!!!"  well like a `arsonist fireman`, they decided to speed up the process a little and got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Obama sign off on it without knowing what is was, at the very least he picked some stupid advisors and the buck does stop with him. See, if an administration just deals with their real problems that should be enough without creating ones out of thin air.  Anyone that gives this clown a second term is a lost cause, to put it politely. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Just because a man is a president doesn't mean he knows what every department is doing every second and every project.  Don't kid yourself.  He isn't expected to micromangae everything.  I'll tell you something.  You are the second person to ell me that I was so lost.  The first time was when I opposed bush and now you and I will tell you the same thing I told that guy.  FUCC U.  I plan to vote for him again because I know what the rightwingnuts have in mind to do to seniors and middle and low income folks.

Highlighted
Advisor

Freedom  Undercut  by Communist  Catastrophy  University-----a great school

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If that was what is happening, it would be bad but since it isn't and won't ever, you will have to find something else to bitch about.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-03-04-arizona-gun-runner_N.htm

You want to talk sense, BA. The problem is the desperation on the right to pin anything they can on him, to bring him down, all you can find on the subject is a bunch of right wing nut job bloggers.Finding anything that has a chance to sound plausible, is nearly impossible. Please point out, where the Obama Administration is specificity implicated in this operation?

The way I see it, it was one of those good ideas, that didn't work. Of course, we wouldn't want to even consider what the previous war criminal George Bush did, would we?

10 years since I last fired a gun? You would be wrong, my friend. I'm not afraid of losing my guns, either, it's all a hoax created by the lunatics on the right, just to fearmonger you, like they always have.