cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: GTO, let`s talk sense

Here`s the strange part of `Fast and Furious` in giving guns to criminals to "track the guns"...why?  If you meet with wanted criminals, instead of giving them their choice of weapon...how about ...oh I dunno, maybe ARREST THEM!  I mean if Eric Holder, a Obama employee gives a gun to a drug dealer and a border patrol agent gets killed, I could have told you that would happen, without "studying" it.  If we wonder how tax money gets wasted that whole story is a prime example, if it had worked according to plan it would have been a great "reason to go after those evil gun shows and gun shops.  And go after those evil ammo magazines of 10 and greater rounds".   But in didn`t work according to plan, so we are so we are going to hammer our pro-gun/anti-communist message hard.  This story was a gift horse, just too bad so many innocent people have either been killed or will be killed because of the 2,000 guns placed in criminal hands. On George Bush, he could not have went to Iraq without the Democrats.  Obama has not changed course over there, he actually ratcheted up our involvement(Libya).  Obama extended the Patriot Act, didn`t close Gitmo, I could go on but if you wanted a 3rd term of Bush, you got it with Obama(outside of Obamacare).  GTO, if you have simple guns (bolt action types) and you`re in your late 60`s, you probably won`t have to worry about a government thug kicking in your door.  What will happen one day is something like this: A tragedy in a McDonalds where kids are shot by someone right out of the nuthouse.  If the government is run by a majority of Democrats, the media will then bombard us with stories and photos.  It will be ripe to ban all weapons capable of firing over 10 rounds (alot of guns) they won`t search house to house, but if you`re caught possessing one it`s a automatic 10 years in the slammer.  Liberal judges all stacked on the benches will of course uphold such a rape of the Constitution.  If that sort of senario doesn`t bother you, then you shouldn`t worry.   

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Obama like every President has kiss-butts working for him.  They thought `Fast and Furious` would please their Chief in laying groundwork for meaningful gun control in Obama`s 2nd term. If Obama took mandatory presidential duck hunts, waved around a AR-15 while addressing the NRA and shot coyotes while jogging, those working under him wouldn`t have seen the need to lay such groundwork. Consider this Schurrbart, Obama took the Nat debt from $10 Trillion to $14.5 Trillion, by the end of his 4 yr term it will be north of $16 Trillion.  It is probably too late for whatever Republican wins in Nov `12, our next President will be handed an unfixable mess.  Obama`s raising our debt 60% has done more to ruin the lives of low income folks and seniors than any Republican ever has.  You probably will vote for Obama again, I almost hope that you get what you want, you just won`t want what you get. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Until the repubs realize and act on the fact that this will not be fixed solely on cutting senior programs, it will never get fixed no matter who is in charge.  Can't touch those millionaires, gotta keep those job creators fat!  GET REAL!!  WAKE UP! 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

BA, you didn't read the damned article! So I have taken the time to copy and paste the most important part, the part about George and his regime, and it's attempt to curb, and identify the gun runners, and like everything, GEORGE did, it didn't work either. So the point is, your kickin' a dead horse, my friend, it's nothing more than another lameass GOP witch hunt, to try and discredit this President. Nice try though.

Justice Department authorities and their counterparts in Mexico have complained for years that cartel violence is fueled by a flood of weapons — mostly AK-47s — purchased in the United States and smuggled unlawfully across the border.

Project Gun Runner was created in 2006 to combat that threat by identifying and prosecuting firearms traffickers.

Dozens of straw buyers have been arrested, and ATF says more than 10,000 guns have been confiscated. However, the bureau fell under criticism from the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General last year because Project Gun Runner was catching only straw buyers — relatively small fish in the smuggling business.

The newly released ATF documents make it clear the bureau sought to overcome such criticism by allowing firearm smugglers to make purchases in Arizona so they could be traced to bigger fish south of the border. In a case known as Operation Fast and Furious, gun dealers were encouraged to make sales to known traffickers who were sometimes wiretapped and under surveillance. Scores of transactions occurred involving more than 1,500 guns.

2006, got that??

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Definition of assault weapon

Lovely, scabby. I suppose your going to tell us, all the bullsh!t you just complained about was because of the Democrats/Obama?

Good, god, your coo,coo.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: BA Needs to read closer...

The NRA says that I, should continue to posses a Mini-14 with a 30 rd clip and a .40 cal Glock with a 13rd clip I have never been in any trouble, my county Sheriff gave me a handgun buyer permit after a 3 day check.

Ah, I hate to break it to you there, BA. The NRA is NOT the LAW!

Now, whose not talking sense?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If guns were never banned in those places, then how come the Supreme Court hearings 'ovturned' the bans?  If they were never banned, what was there to overturn.  Also, just because I don't personally live there, doesn't mean that I'm not interested in the civil rights of the people who do.  Losses of liberty are almost never all at once, but they start off innocent enough, and slowly creep into other aspects.

According to this article, Washington D.C. had a gun ban in force for 32 years, people just recently got that right back:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92192181

Ditto, Chicago, who had a ban in place for almost 30 years:

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/supreme-court-handgun-ban-ruling-stirs-up-controversy-19864381/

However, they are again banning handguns & semiauto rifles, by going about it in a different way:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=awIn1M4tWxi8

These bans already were in effect, they aren't something that politicans were thinking about doing someday.

Events from the 9-11 memorial:

LOWER MANHATTAN — Ten years and one week after Robert Reardon rushed to the fires at Ground Zero, the retired NYPD detective returned to the attack site and tried to visit the new 9/11 Memorial for the first time.

But Reardon, 54, a Staten Island resident, was turned away because, as many retired police officers do, he was carrying a gun.

"I still can not believe the disrespect I felt, and feel now," Reardon wrote in an e-mail to DNAinfo after the Sept. 18 incident. "We are retired members of the NYPD. We all have permits to carry our weapons. We are not criminals. We are not terrorists."

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20110927/downtown/911-memorial-gun-ban-outrages-first-responders-retired-cops...

As for your 'garbage gun' comment, did you know that the 1911 didn't pass?  While it can't be proven, the tests were almost meant to sound innocent enough, while dis-allowing as many guns as possible.  While the new versions of the 1911 CAN be bought, they have to have extra mechanicals added to the trigger system, making the trigger mushy.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

It would seem then that your argument of "loss of liberty is gradual" comment doesn't stand up with your own data as gun ban laws have been overturned and citizens are once again allowed to have firearms.  No one is going to take away your guns.  They MAY, however, stop you from getting certain guns but if you have no need for a .50 cal MG then you don't have to worry.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yeah under bush, dozens of straw buyers were arrested and 10000 guns confiscated back in06. Under president numbnuts border gaurd dead 2000 guns unaccounted for-dateline 2011

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Really? Let's see some proof? OK? Because, personally, no more than Bush and his numb-nuts cronies, I doubt it. Oh, no right-wing blogs, MSM, or nothing.