Did you mean: 
6 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: McCain

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

And he wants to rob the redman of some of his land and give to a foreign copper mining co. on the San Carlos Indian Reservation!!!
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Rio Tinto has pursued the deal for a decade, and it was apparently pushed into the NDAA largely thanks to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). It passed the House once in 2011, but when leaders brought it to the floor twice last year, they couldn’t find enough votes, and pulled it. Most Democrats opposed it and growing numbers of Republicans were concerned about how it was being conducted. To many, it looked like a sweetheart deal being made outside of the regular process of dealing with federal land. And some were unhappy that the prime beneficiary, Rio Tinto, also owns a uranium mine in Africa with Iran. Others worried that most of the copper will go to China, which owns 10 percent of Rio Tinto. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/ndaa-land-deals_n_6264362.html
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Obviously a guy who has been captured and tortured couldn't have a valid opinion on the subject if he's a hawk and wants to give away Indian land. A REAL outlier I'd say.

hardnox
Advisor

how 'bout just sticking to the pseudolibertarian mumbo jumbo.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Understand that. However, it I read that it has been put into the defense spending bill! I spent the summer on the White Mt. Apache Reservation and while they aren't directly affected by this,it is a shame that the white man is once again about to screw the natives!