cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Media hype, nothing more

according to James Alan Fox, author and criminology professor at Northeastern University, mass shootings have remained stagnant over 34 years, averaging 20 a year, and few were committed by the type of berserk psychos portrayed by the media.

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Media hype, nothing more

Yes Wehav, it`s just now we are bombarded with "news overload" and blogs that pass themselves off as "news".   The old Rham Emanuel saying of "never let a crisis go to waste".   If there`s a shooting, spin it to gun control.  If a homeless guy dies in the street, spin it to raise the minimum wage. If it`s record cold temperatures, spin it for "global warming".....waaaait a tick!  🙂

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

20 a year and two in two days.
wehav
Senior Contributor

I take it that you don't know the difference between mass shooting and one guy in a theater shooting one person in the hand and shooting one other person.

But of course you don't.  How silly of me to think you were rational or reasonable.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Oooooooooooh now I get it. It is only bad because the media report it. How silly of me to think that 86 people shot dead everyday in the US is newsworthy. Throw in a couple of slaughters at schools and what the heck. Why don't we just stop those evil media from reporting such nuisances