cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Media matters break numerous gun laws

But being they are part of the ruling elite none will be prosecuted. Guns laws are only for the rest of us.

snip-

A staffer at left-wing Media Matters for America committed numerous felonies  in the District of Columbia and around the country by carrying a firearm to  defend the organization’s founder, David Brock, The Daily Caller has  learned.

According to a knowledgeable source, multiple firearms used to protect the  Media Matters founder were purchased with Brock’s blessing — and apparently with  the group’s money.

TheDC  has previously reported that Brock’s one-time aide, Haydn Price-Morris,  carried a concealed Glock handgun as he traveled with the liberal leader to  public events in Washington, D.C.

But the extent of Brock’s armed activities have been largely unknown until  now, even among those closest to him. An array of current and former Media  Matters sources, all with intimate knowledge about the inner workings of the  organization, granted extensive interviews to TheDC.

Brock, whose struggles with mental health have seen him hospitalized in the  past, became increasingly concerned by late 2010 that he was being targeted by  right-wing assassins.

TheDC has learned that by that time, Brock had armed his assistant — who had  no permit to carry a concealed firearm — with a Glock handgun.

Read more:  http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/27/illegal-guns-david-brock-media-matters/#ixzz2JGpO0woc

58 Replies
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I don't remember you being agitated

When your gun nuts carried fire arms during an event in the presence of the president.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I don't remember you being agitated

@kraft-t wrote:

When your gun nuts carried fire arms during an event in the presence of the president.

Were any laws broken?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I can't belive

After all the outcries of shootings, and the 'something needs to be done', and 'they should take your guns' and 'we need more gun laws' type of rhetoric I hear, that as of yet,  not one person on this board, who is in favor of gun control, has spoken out against the actual breaking of current gun laws.  So far, all we got is one 'non answer' on the subject.

Why is that?

rawhide
Advisor

Re: I can't belive

they don't have answers-they just jump to conclusions

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: I can't believe

Because emotion drives them. They have no critical thinking skills.

Samnospam
Advisor

in the presence of president

You say that as if everyone should fall to their knees and avert their eyes. I don't care if I'm in the presence of the president, the queen, or the school janitor, everyone gets the respect from me they've earned. And frankly out of that list the school janitor deserves the most. 

And just one point, aren't armed people in his lordships presence nearly all the time?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I believe several have spoken out on the fact that criminals will always have guns (law broken).  There are really very few laws other than those concerning the buying and selling of guns today.  Mostly, they are no brainers like using a gun to rob someone carries a higher penalty or commiting murder or attempted murder.  Most states, background check violations are few and far between as all it takes is a few minutes phone call with your ID and some states actually have a waiting period that is mostly enforced.  I'm sure there are many more so-called gun laws but they must be rather obscure.  Even if Feinstein's bill would happen to get through, it doesn't do anything about gun equipment already legally owned.  If you bought a hand gun, it is already registered and can be traced back to you so that part is rather moot anyway.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: in the presence of president

Do you really believe that lame argument?  Do you really equate the guns for police and others who use a gun in the performance of their job as the same as joe blow redneck idiot??  You sense of self is a little askew!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Yep, the left always jumps to conclusions!  And the typical righty NEVER reads some crap on the internet derogatory to the administration and believes it is carved in stone by the hand of God.  Did you hear the one about Obamacare requiring microchip implants for all Americans??  I bet you did and believe it!