cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: I can't belive

Sounds they only broke one law--carrying a concealed gun without a permit.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Try again Neb

Maybe they didn't catch it?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: Try again Neb

OK hot shot, tell me which laws they broke.  Only one law that I can see.  Maybe a few on the staff broke that one law but that isn't what it said.  Brock didn't lie about mental health issues because he didn't buy the guns.  "...were purchased with Brock's BLESSING".

It didn't say anything about buying anything illegally.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: well you know

Don't flatter yourself.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Let's break it down

Allegecd gun laws that may have been broken

1) possessing an unregistered handgun in Washington DC - felony

2) possessing a concealed weapon without a permit in DC - Felony

3) possessing ammunition for a handgun you do not have legally registered while in DC - felony

4) possibly possessing a hi-capacity magazine for said gun in DC - felony

Those are just the DC laws that allegedly may have been broken, plus gun laws of other States.

They are even raising the possibility that they used Media Matters funds, to buy this gun (straw purchase???)

Just for argument's sake, let's say you were right, and the only law they may have broken, was possession of a weapon without the proper permit.  That is still a felony.

Just how many possible felonies, does someone in Media Matters, have to appear to commit, before a liberal even calls for an investigation?

If 'only' possessing a gun without a permit, is no big deal, are you also willing to look the other way, if a weapon is banned, and the gun nuts limit themselves to only having 'one' of them?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

So answer me this, yes or no, if you can. 
Is possessing an illegal weapon a big deal, or not?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: Let's break it down

Are they residents of DC? If not, they don't have to register a gun if they bring it to DC with them.  Again, if I don't live in DC and am visiting and bring the gun and ammo for that gun to DC and it is legal somewhere else, then I am not in violation.  That applies also to the magazine.  Now, if I carry it on my person in public, I have committed a felony.  If yore daddy gives you money to buy a gun, is that a "straw purchase"?  If my boss decides I need a firearm and gives me the money to buy it, have either of us committed a felony or a straw purchase?  I am not arguing whether it is a felony or not.  I am arguing that saying "multiple felonies" is just trying to make something worse just to try to maximize the impact.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Of course it is.  Never said it wasn't.  I never even heard of this brock guy and only vaguely heard of media matters.  Iamonly saying that giving money to an employee to buy a gun to fulfil the requirements of his jobasI see it is not against the law.  Certainly not unless you are a citizen of DC and just having such gun IN DC is not in itself illegal UNLESS you are a lawful citizen of DC.  I don't know where this guy lives and no one here has stated it either.

Samnospam
Advisor

What, you're overstrike implied I was of the enemy and now you puss out on it.   

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

You do know what "continue" means don't you?