cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basset&co
Senior Contributor

Re: Megafarms Coming

NOT sure why you think I was concerned, wondering WHY you haven't responded to "What a real state of emergency looks like" ?    

bruce MN
Advisor

Simply follow the tradition of the burgeoning Co-op mergers into transitions to private for notice of a tipping point.

basset&co
Senior Contributor

Late 70s early 80s, visiting wife's BIL,sister and family on a Saturday, John Deere dealership auction, so BIL and I went, met a few college

friends, they were grumbling about NOW they were going to have to drive another 12 miles to the next dealer, I actually laughed at them, then stated

that we drove MORE than 12 miles to get to black top, and at that time it was 28north, 32 east or 40 south to the "nearest" JD dealership. The north

is now a combined dealership of 17 former independent dealers, east closed and south is a combo of 3 or 4 at this time.

Anyone think the mega farms will be able to maintain the roads necessary to get grains to market, the feed lots are not far off the black top...  ??

On farm storage and no place to go with it...unless you think the Ausie's unit-trailer systems will work

k-289
Senior Advisor

bass  -  Click  the  thread  ,  won't  click,  like  a  gummed  up  nozzle,  tell  me  - ?    come  on  click  it  -  ?  

basset&co
Senior Contributor

apparently I'm only getting the edited version of your information...NOTHING in any of your posts indicate

another site to "see" more...

bruce MN
Advisor

None of that isn’t transitional.

As for the roads, farmers don’t fund them.  Units of government do and the taxes they levy aren’t on Farmer Brown.  They are on the property.  Regardless of who holds title.

Where a bin site or a feedlot is located won’t dictate anything other than practicalities as they are tin determination of transition value.  

lemerik1958
Senior Contributor

Won’t open when clicking on thread

basset&co
Senior Contributor

Farmers
D
O fund the roads, there are still places where townships are independent of the county, and yes, the property tax is ONE of the fundings for

roads, also truck and trailer tags.

What is amusing is when the suburban wants to sell the 3/4 million dollar house and 5 acres that it cost to construct, that the county has been taxing at LESS than appraised

value, but the owner thinks it's worth 1 million....while the best offer in 2 years is just over 1/4 million.

Do you really think the roads will be maintained at the same "grade" as now, when there aren't any neighbors left to get.

k-289
Senior Advisor

When  everyone  gets  broadband,  opening  the  road  with  auto- grader  will  be  a  piece  of  cake  from  your  office  chair ,  while  observing  from  your  drone, all  the  while  wishing  someone  might  drive  buy ,  in  the  next   2  weeks -  -  -

basset&co
Senior Contributor

lol...and if the creek keeps running we won't get to town this month again!   😉