cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Michele kicks butt at the debate

The thing that bothers me is that perry would think the state should make the choice for the parent. It is the thought process of someone with totalitarian leanings. There is a law pending in ca that takes a parents right to make decisions. http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/vaccine-wake-up-call-for-parents-your-children-are-being-taken/
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Michelle goes off deep end again

Papa, there is a controversy on the safety of Gardisil, just google "is gardisil safe" and you can find millions of arguments and opinions on both sides.  Can we all at least agree on these facts: 1. there is a disageement on safety   2.all vaccines have side affects, some can be serious or fatal, it`s just sometimes the risks out-weigh the benefits ie, if a girl doesn`t sleep around perhaps it wouldn`t be worth getting the shot.  3. Rick Perry mandated that the shot be given through `executive orders`  oh I know now he`s saying there was a "opt out " in that mandate....WTF does "Mandate" mean then?  Gimme a break.   If a Gardisil shot can be mandated, what will the nanny state mandate next? Flu shots? ect ect ect.  I don`t give a crap if Gardisil is the best thing since milk and honey, it`s not government`s job to force it on the population. Look at studies of what`s good for ya and what will kill ya, DDT was once thought to be safe enough for kids to play in(IMHO it still is but oh well), "red meat`ll kill ya"  "Oh no today red meat is good for ya"  Ah Yeah and these stupid M..F..ers are gonna mandate sh!t for us????  In my opinion Perry has committed an unpardonable sin, rendering him unfit for the Presidency of the United States.  If Bachmann thinks Gardisil makes kids retarded, how do we know it doesn`t?  It`s only been around since 2006...and the jury is still out on coffee.  At least Michele is against it. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Michele kicks butt at the debate

Perry got her a beauty.  After he ticked her off regarding her insinuation, she had the look on her face like a kangaroostuck in the spotlight.  It was all over her face how she wished she had never gone there.  As I said before, she is saying all the startling things the tea part and repigs want to be said but there is no substance behind any of it and she will not win the nom.  Goodbye Michelle.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Maybe she and her husband can pray against it like they do gays.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't public schools already mandate certain vaccinations before they even let a child start school? 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@GoredHusker wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't public schools already mandate certain vaccinations before they even let a child start school? 

I believe that cervical cancer can not be transmitted one to another by just standing next to someone.  Other diseases that require vaccinations do spread by being near someone.

Perhaps we should require that homosexuals can not ever have sex in order to prevent AIDS from being spread.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you would bother reading before posting, I think you might just pick up on where I"m going with all of this.  In the thread I replied, BA stated what's next flu shots.  The last time I checked, flu very much can be transmitted one to another by just standing next to someone.  The point of all this is the fact that certain vaccinations are already mandated if one wants to send their child to public school.   

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Exactly!

@GoredHusker wrote:

If you would bother reading before posting, I think you might just pick up on where I"m going with all of this.  In the thread I replied, BA stated what's next flu shots.  The last time I checked, flu very much can be transmitted one to another by just standing next to someone.  The point of all this is the fact that certain vaccinations are already mandated if one wants to send their child to public school.   

Exactly!  That is why I said that there is no reason to mandate that girls have to have a shot of Guardisil .... it is not a disease that can be spread around.   Mandating flu shots might be a great idea, but where does public safety end and personal liberties begin?

If the government required that I have a chip implanted into me, so that they can keep an eye on my movements, I would not comply, Ever.   That, to me, would be where the revolution begins.  Rick Perry over stepped his authority with that Guardisil mandate and is now paying the price for it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't lose any sleep over a chip being implanted.  If you carry around a cell phone, you basically already have a chip implanted.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Husker, what possible reason would the government or anyone have to implant a chip into you?  Are you a criminal or terrorist that they have a good reason to be watching you?  I`ll bet you`re a up standing citzen and it would be a waste of time that could be better spent keeping tabs on the real trouble makers.  On the Gardisil, if a girl keeps her legs together why should she be forced to take the shot?  Yes, the town whore probably should go ahead and get the shot, but that`s her business.  I wouldn`t necessarily agree with this parenting techinque but perhaps parents could scare a wayward girl "straight" about diseases, if she gets a shot and a supply of birthcontrol pills, what would stop her?  It`s like when condoms kind of got popular again, the party crowd thought they were bulletproof and increased the risky behavior. About Gardisil being safe because a "Doctor" says so, do you know what they call the med student that graduates last in their class?...Doctor! Smiley Happy  If we cannot make our own decisions on raising our children, we might as well ship `em off to a government camp right after they are hatched, because at that point we are no better than animals.  The funny thing is all the usually smart Conservatives that support Rick Perry.  If Obama tried this mandate sIut shot crap those same Perry people would burn the white house, must be since he says "Ponzi scheme" that they put up with him.