cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Exactly!

I guess none of the STDs are transmitted so why do we have them?  Do you really think that young girls and boys are just going to say NO all the time until they get married? And then none of them will ever stray from their partner?And none will ever make the mistake of having sex with someone who may or may not know that they have a STD?  You really should join the real world and forget the tea party picture of the perfect world because it isn't going to happen soon.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

goredhusker didn't say it, craig did.  Do you not have your children vaccinated for a variety of ailments?  don't you think your children should be protected from things that might harm them.  Do you think your daughter is never going to have sex?  Cervical cancer is caused by other things than just having sex.  Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella (chickenpox), meningococcal and hepatitis vaccines are all required by Texas schools.  What do you suppose is the main way to contract Hepatitus B???  Think your child in Texas is going to be sharing a needle when he or she shoots up????

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Michele kicks butt at the debate

Michelle may have a cute butt as well as other anatomy, but her brain is lacking. But what can you expect when mainstrean tv accentuates good looks over intelligence. This country deserves the future it has coming.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15280.htm

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey Pedro, I have ADD and couldn`t completely understand your link, but is the jist, `America has become too self-centered and ignorant of the rest of the world` and somehow Bush caused this?  If that`s what the author was saying, I think a President is just on the bull for a 8 second ride, if he "draws" a bull that puts on a good "show" he gets a great score, if he draws a dud, he`ll get a low score.  Now the "Cowboy" can flail around and get a okay score out of a poor bull.  Clinton drew a great bull, almost didn`t complete his 8 seconds a few times but got a good score.  Bush drew a extremely wild bull(9/11) handled it pretty well, but the clowns had to rescue him from getting trampled.  Obama is a real urban cowboy with no business at all getting into the arena, someone`ll get seriously injured with this novice.  I guess "it`s Bush`s fault" in that he juiced the economy, telling us to "go to the mall" at a time when we should`ve been sacrificing, we got fat and lazy.  so, Pedro who will you be supporting in 2012? 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

As I`ve said Schnurrbart, you can`t vaccinate for everything, pretty soon these kids won`t hold water with all the holes poked in `em.  All vaccines have side effects, it doesn`t bother one person and next, it`ll make sicker than a dog or kill.  Some shots make sense for public safety and Gardisil for girls that can`t keep their legs together makes sense, it just shouldn`t be mandated for girls that have their legs wired together Smiley Happy  These is one hell of a slippery slope.  I have tried and tried to get you liberals to understand, if Obamacare gets rolling the government will OWN our carcasses.  They will say "take these shots!!!" and by God you will, they OWN you!  It`s cost affective to manage their "livestock" with vaccines.  Oh I can see you and the other libs rolling your eyes, you`ll gladly take whatever shots are mandated.  But you know Obama is probably a pretty good chap and wouldn`t do anything nasty with vaccines, but let`s say one day a hitler gets in, things will already be set up to vaccinate.  How soon we forget 1939 Germany.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

IF, might, will, could...How do you figure what you say is going to happen?  What makes you think that?  For all you know, it will lessen the cost of health care.  There isn't anything in that bill that includes mandatory anything other than buying insurance.  Trying to protect anyone from possible disease is a GOOD thing not a bad thing.  I'm not saying that mandated anything is necessarily a good thing but sometimes people need to have things mandated for their own good.  I know you conservatives rail at the seat belt law.  But let's suppose for a moment that you are the sole wage earner of your family.  You got married when you both were 20 years old and your wife has NEVER even sold a newspaper in her entire life.  You refuse to wear the belt when driving.  Some drunk runs over your car and breaks every bone in your body.  You lie in intensive care for a month and then die.  You have 4 college age kids and a wife with no job nor any working skills and since you figured you wre invincible, you didn't have any life insurance nor medical insurance.  Who's gonna pay now????  All this because you have the freedom to be (ir)responisible as paul says.  Do you know how we got rid of small pox and polio as well as many other deadly diseases??  VACCINES AND VACCINATIONS!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks pedro, excately what is happening to us. The Republicans and their minions goal is working, all any one needs do is read the posts on this website. Talk about dumbing down?? Every day it gets worse.

George W. Bush is a consequence of the dumbing down of America, to which he
owes his very position perched like the vulture he is atop the dying tree of
America that has been contaminated by his inept and infected claws smeared in
human blood.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You know, BA, I think Rick Perry is another of the finely tuned Texas dim-wits of the Bush persuasion, he will be lucky to win the nomination, and can't win the Presidency. But as much as I hate to say this, he was right to try to save hundreds of little girls the pain and suffering cervical cancer. You might want to read this article, educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself. Fact is, your wife could be in jeopardy, because of YOU. Read the article, and think for yourself, instead of being dummied down by the Republican fools.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

ms bachman is just about toast.  Her gaffes and outright lies because she opens her mouth before engaging her brain far too often.  Her latest is stating very forceful that the anti-cervical cancer vaccine causes mental retardation is so irresponsible and so not true that she is a major embarrassment to her handlers.  She has a long string of same type statements that are totally wrong.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Why did Perry mandate vaccinations?

Yesterday, theNational Journal pointed out that Perry’s campaign received more than $28,000 from Merck, the manufacturer of Gardasil, not the $5,000 he cited during the debate. Even the pro-vaccine blogger at Respectful Insolence, where anti-vaccination advocates are skewered and belittled, said, “believe it or not, there are valid reasons to criticize Perry for this decision not because Gardasil is harmful or not a good vaccine but because of the conflict of interest there appeared to be.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2011/09/14/michele_bachman_actually_has_a_tiny_point_about_perr...