cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Exactly!

He hasn't met yours either: God, guns, gays, and abortions. The really important stuff.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

There are Democrats that want to eleminate all guns, look what they`ve done in D.C. and N.Y. it`s ....I gotta watch my words here, cause you`re such a stickler...let`s just say guns are for all practiacal purposes, banned to the citizens, of course the criminals can have whatever they want.  And that is okay with Dems that get a F rating from the NRA.  Yes, I`ve had friends and family with cancer, Mom actually.  My problem with Gardisil is the mandated part, was it a payoff to Perry?  What if it isn`t safe? Then a dangerous product was mandated to many that didn`t want it.  Is it a slippery slope to other mandates? You God damned right it is, they mandate Gardisil and other vaccines will follow, money train ya know.  See, I`m scared of cancer too, I just want to fight it smartly.  If a criminal killed a family member, I`m sure you`d want the guility one punished, not an innocent person just for the sake of frying anyone for the crime.

Yes we all hate to have some one else 'tell' us what we must do but in a successfull society there have to be mandates to protect everyone from.... well, everyone.

It is only right that you can smoke but it is not right that you can blow smoke in my face so no smoking in public places. Mandated for the best of everyone.

that is why Vaccines are mandated, to stop the disease. Everytime there is an outbreak in a disease it can progress only until it meets people who have been vacinated and so everyone who does not get a vaccine allows the disease to go further and longer.

If the HPV vaccine is not safe then stop using it but I think it has met all the safeguards that are required to use it.

We always want the guilty 'punished' or at least put away where they can not do crime again but why leave the keys in the car?

BTW no need to 'fry' anyone for a crime, guilty or not.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I thought you liberals were in favor of choice.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Michele kicks butt at the debate

You really don't want to answer do you?  This "totalitarian mindset" has been around for sure since the late 40s.  Why have you decided to get your panties in a wad now??

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You always add so much to a conversation.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

How rare are the side effects of NOT being vaccinated???

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: If michelle kicked butt

Why is she at 7% or nearly the bottom of the polls?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That I do not know.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that vaccinations are bad, I just don't know if it is the federal government's place to dictate it.

I give you an example of the seat belt law.  Our local co-op has their scale by the main office, and they have their main concrete silo directly South of it, and if there is a line up of more than 2 trucks or so, they cross a street.  However, they have a secondary storage facility half a block to the West.  So, by law, truckers have to unbuckle, get out, untarp, buckle up, drive to the scale.  If they can't reach the intercom, they have to unbucle, to reach far out enough to tell the scale gal who's corn it is, then buckle up again if they have to go to the West bin, then unbuclke, open the traps, buclke, go back to the scale, unbuckle to get the ticket, then buckle up again when they go on their way.
Now, what I just described is maybe a rare case, but it is a case of a seat belt law handed down in a 'one size for all' thing from above, and although I know of no one that ever got a ticket for not going through all that, failure to do so would be a violation of state law.  If you get in an accident while driving across the street without buckling, your insurance rates could go way up because of the violation.

Why not just let the towns decide if they need it within city limits, instead of handing it down from above?