cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Michelle

I assume you all missed the Dem rally which Michelle starred as the main event.  Not a single word uttered on here about a performance which laid them in the isles.  What - you all went to bed for and "early night"?    Sounds about right but I strongly suspect you all stayed glued to the TV just in case they made a horrid mistake.  In fact I think you might have enjoyed it.

3 Replies
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Michelle

I missed most of her speech, it was during bedtime story time, but in the past, when I heard her speak, she came across as likable, and a positive speaker, being optimistic about things she is for, rather than badmouthing what she is against.  I like that way of speaking, tell me what you are for, not what you are against.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I think political speeches from pres's wives is a good thing.  So far this election it is taking a lot of the fizz out of the heat of battle.  She certainly can express her self very well and any wavering voters would have to like her.  We will see.  

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I don't know if I like 'political' speeches from first ladies, but from what I heard, she gave some background, on her and the President's life, which is good.  He rose up to the Presidency so quickly, many people have no idea where he came from, what his background was.