cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Might as well make a dash for it now

if you have things that need doing.

Cases on the rise most places but still fairly low in most of the north.

But we failed to crush the curve and it will be coming back at us hard in the Fall.

10 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Might as well make a dash for it now

While Sam and 30 and Milligan are certain that I’m going to get shot or burned out and BA and red have cancelled their plans to stop up and see us sometime this Summer there is no place I’d rather  be COVID wise.

The tiny little SW MN County that I was born and lived in for 67 years has the highest incidence per capita in the state.  Some production lines, but primarily the recent huge surge is young adults acting on denial and indifference. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

While I agree with the urgency to get kids’ educations back on track, reopening schools without having first crushed the curve is going to be a public health disaster.

I’m preparing my spouse toward the acceptance of the fact that our lives are going to be altered for quite some time.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I assume the script flips again in the Fall- those open air floor plan schools in the sunbelt should fare much better.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

I assume the script flips again in the Fall- those open air floor plan schools in the sunbelt should fare much better.

Will they?  If the virus is actually airborne, as it now appears it is, the openness is just one big Petri dish.  That’s what I see.  

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I try to never shop for anything on weekends - it’s just too busy.  I think I’ll go either early Monday (think 5am) or Tuesday, to get my fresh stuff and reinforce my stash for the next couple of weeks.

I got up early this morning to see comet Neowise (no relation to Sam - I don’t think anyway).  4 am it was low in the NNE sky and low - seeable with the naked eye, but as I’m looking over the light pollution of Minneapolis to see it, it was much better in the binoculars.

Boy, I wish I was at Disney World today (NOT)!!!!!

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

if you have things that need doing.

Cases on the rise most places but still fairly low in most of the north.

But we failed to crush the curve and it will be coming back at us hard in the Fall.

I would dispute that the curve was not crushed.  Well except for ny, nj. Mich maybe.  The curve was flattened.  But how long are you gonna hide under a rock?    You say no immunity, which implies no effective vaccine, so how long do you propose living under your rock?   

I'll repeat, old people like you, Bruce and Karen need to isolate yourselves.  The rest of us are moving on with life.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Sam wrote: "which implies no effective vaccine, so how long do you propose living under your rock?  "    

What is November 4th, 2020, Alex?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I sure as hell don’t want to die, with a Trump as President.  That’s what it is....NOV 4, 2020.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying....

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

That’s just plain silly, Sam.