cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Might be Adderal related

but could just be dementia associated aphasia.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/primary-progressive-aphasia/symptoms-causes/syc-20350...

Whoo boy. Gonna be some 10 months.

My money's going on a no (unfair and rigged!!!) debates Rose Garden strategy. 

8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Might be Adderal related

I don't even play a doctor on TV but my guess is that he does slam Adderal before big events like rallies- which is totally legal if he has a prescription- but that we are seeing is the advancing symptoms of dementia. Being sedentary, obese and subsisting on junk food probably hasn't helped.

His father's Alzheimer's wasn't diagnosed until he was 80 but those of us who have had loved ones with it look back and know in retrospect there were signs long before it was diagnosed.

Although the ones I've known weren't abnormal and warped personalities to begin with so I'm not sure how that enters in.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

While there's a technical argument over whether Reagan "had" Alzheimers while in office there's a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest that those close to him knew he was slipping late in is second term. He would have been a couple of years older than Trump currently is at that point.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Whether it presented any threat to national security or not, when Reagan was goin' 'round the bend in the last couple years of his second term he had an extremely competent CoS (Howard Baker, who arguably should have been President) and cabinet in general.

Presently we have a partially filled administration staffed with a variety of *****, grifters, kooks and sycophants i.e, All The Best People.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Merely speculation at this point but there was some talk that The Deep State knew that their figurehead had a problem and they moved to get someone of very high competence into place.

People don't often retire from a safe Senate seat to become WH CoS but anything is possible.

Reagan did fewer speeches and public appearances in that late period but he could still pull them off adequately.

Highlighted
Advisor

That crew is what makes it so hilarious when some naive, well meaning pundit proclaims that things are ripe for The 25th Amendment.  

Ratified, of course, over widespread concerns in The Congress and over 2/3 of the States over the possibility of precisely what we face now.

It’s deeply intriguing that something like many of the Amendments could have been passed without radio, TV or the biggie...the internet. That many people actually knew there &§§ from a hole in the ground.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

As I've observed before, I've known individuals who had little formal education but were exceptionally well informed on current affairs and the world. The thing they had in common was reading and particularly daily digestion of a decent newspaper.

GWB Admin's most pernicious act upon us was snookering the Times et al over Iraq. That was just the meat the folks who actually all in for war and still quietly seething over watergate, VN etc. to grab onto.

And then came Fake News Dennison, who's now up over 15K whoppers and flat out lies.

Highlighted
Advisor

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

......although the 25th Amendment is just one of those hand written codicils (to the Real Constitution, the 2nd Amendment) rumored to be hidden in a mayonnaise jar under Funk & Wagnall's back porch