cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Might just as well send vaccines to India, .....

...half of Kansas counties, 62, refused their vaccine allocation due to no demand.  There are a huge swath of counties, from Texas east to the Carolinas & north to Nebraska falling far behind with vaccination because of no demand. Vaccinate the people who want it and let "the devil take the hindmost", I guess.  The Indians sure found out what happens when you abandon mitigation measures.   I bet they won't complain about "my right" not to take the vaccine.

Like Sam says, a gigantic natural experiment, Blue states vaccinate, the red states don't, and let's see what happens.  The Libertarians are all the time saying "personal responsibility", time to try it out.

Set a date, say next Friday, indicate your desire to be vaccinated, or go without.  Send that dose to someone who wants it, here or elsewhere.

8 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Might just as well send vaccines to India, .....

Sounds good. But we don't send the vaccine to any foreign country unless they pay for them.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

You can send then north.

Still people looking for a vaccine here and any supply gets used quickly.

Last of our kids finally got an appointment for this week.

Grandkids are not eligible yet as age groups work down to them hopefully in the near future.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Call me when the trial completes.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Your great government run free health care system has failed.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: At $19.50 per dose for Pfizer, $10 for J&J, ....

...  price isn't likely to be a serious obstacle, less so for the J&J.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

And yet kansas has very little of the plague, NY falling but still not so good.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It seems to me that the best selling point of the vaccine would be if you see your peers dying right & left in front of you...and so far that hasn`t happened, even during the ground zero of the pandemic a year ago.  About the only deaths I`ve heard is a friend had a 89yr old aunt in the nursing home that died from what was called "cause Covid 19".   I don`t see the hearses picking up piles of 5oyr old males dead bodies off the streets.  

Fauci the master of the universe claims 70% need to get vaccinated, what happens if only 50% get vaccinated and the virus still goes away? 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

It seems to me that the best selling point of the vaccine would be if you see your peers dying right & left in front of you...and so far that hasn`t happened, even during the ground zero of the pandemic a year ago.  About the only deaths I`ve heard is a friend had a 89yr old aunt in the nursing home that died from what was called "cause Covid 19".   I don`t see the hearses picking up piles of 5oyr old males dead bodies off the streets.  

Fauci the master of the universe claims 70% need to get vaccinated, what happens if only 50% get vaccinated and the virus still goes away? 

The ohio vaccination dashboard shows over 70% vaccination rate for the high risk age ranges.  I would say that is a great success and exactly what you hope would happen.  Outside that group, people are quite rationally saying "why do I need this?"