cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Mike Rowe Schools Bernie Sanders on Labor.

Well we "always' have and k-12 has worked out.  But under your logic of supporting the giving away of free college...why not extend it until age 65?   We could have everyone in school until they retire, being as it`s such a good thing, right?   At some point people have to grow up be responsible for themselves and go about to contributing to society and the age of 18 after they graduate high school, that seems to be a proven age.

But, also to give away free college, what do you say to the young person that worked and put themself through college and medical school and sacrificed and now you just give college education away, willy nilly?   How would that be faaaaaaair?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yes, MoS.  If you go to an event where there`s university professors, all you walk past in the parking lot is Prius type cars with Bernie bumper stickers and one world crap  on them.   Then them damned stick figures stickers of two males and a couple kid stick figures and a dog stick figure on the hatch window.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Geeezuz must you " do that " with every single issue ??

If we put a free drinking fountain in town the kids will just waste it and let if flow down the drain just for the fun of it.

What about the farmers who didnt have FREE ( assisted ) welfare / subsidies afew years ago ????

What was / is faaaaair about that ?? !!!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It amuses me that these things bother you so.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Let me help you with your analogy

AgJudge, okay water costs next to nothing and kids would rather drink high priced bottled water, God forbid they use a free drinking fountain...well, I don`t use them either that damned city water laden with flouride and chlorine`ll rot your brains out....which explains Democrats doing well in urban areas.

But your drinking fountain analogy using water...a better analogy would be a drinking fountain with "Jucey Julies" coming out...you damned right that drinking fountain would be abused.

Okay, farm subsidies...yes every farmer that goes all out and over produces cheap food are eligble to equally sign up for subsides. 

What about during the 80`s when the spend crazy BigShots were going broke and us taxpayers bailed their sorry @$$es out???   Me and Dad didn`t have a nickel of debt and therefore got nothing wrote off....how was that faaaaaair?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wrong! I pay my farmer the rate that he asks. I asked him because I want him to be my farmer. His father is one of my best friends and I did not put it up for bids. It's like you inviting your son to farm your land. You won't even consider someone else.

Now for sure if I thought he was cheating me or stealing from me I would reconsider. But at this point in time I suspect him of nothing.

You can also be certain that I have paid him more than required at least once.  We are partners and he serves me well and we both flourish.

My tenant has no illusion that he will either rent the farm or own the farm. Like wise he has no expectation of losing the farm until he retires.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That is good.  However the supply of willing farmers insures that the best rate is achieved by those seeking their services.  And that`s the way in the work-a-day world, the more application forms that are filled out for a job, the less need there is to dangle a carrot to attract employees.  Old as the law of supply and demand.   a packing house job used to be a living wage job when blue-eyed people named Olson, Johnson Andersen worked there.  Today Hernandez, Perez, Gonzales have the same job for $10/hr...many times paid in cash off the books and if they quit or busted by ICE, there`s still thousands of Martinez`s willing to take their place at the same wage.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Let me help you with your analogy

It's clear ( and too bad ) you didn't grow up with other brothers to check your way of thinking or to question your ability to deceive.

Still, as an adult,  you could over come that and try to be a better person, but rush and even  your own natural proclivity to selfishness will never allow that to happen.

Highlighted
Advisor

BA you forgot the part where the Martinez women will all sign up for welfare etc. etc.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

Wrong! I pay my farmer the rate that he asks. I asked him because I want him to be my farmer. His father is one of my best friends and I did not put it up for bids. It's like you inviting your son to farm your land. You won't even consider someone else.

Now for sure if I thought he was cheating me or stealing from me I would reconsider. But at this point in time I suspect him of nothing.

You can also be certain that I have paid him more than required at least once.  We are partners and he serves me well and we both flourish.

My tenant has no illusion that he will either rent the farm or own the farm. Like wise he has no expectation of losing the farm until he retires.

You mean you decide who you want to do business with.