cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Mike Rowe Schools Bernie Sanders on Labor.

Hey Rawhide, oh yah there is alot of hidden costs with this "cheap" labor.  It boils down to, the US taxpayer is subsizing big businesses` labor costs.  they don`t pay enough like wally world workers and they have to go on welfare to make ends meet, it`s isn`t the worker`s fault...it`s the damned system that allows, subsizes and turns a blind eye towards it...And anyone not brain dead that mentions it, is a "racist!".

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I don't pay wages in a foreign country. Neither do I pay wages in america. I buy goods from businesses. If I hired employees I would have to send out w-2 forms and i haven't done that for years. I sorry were neglected in your education. Home schooled perhaps. Certainyt you don't know the difference from hired labor and a business purchase.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Have you ever said anything that added to the discussion here? Not that I aware of. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

I buy goods from businesses.

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

So that is why you want to oppress wages? To keep your competition from driving your costs higher. You don'twant to pay people more. You don't want anyone else to increase their paycheck and youdon't want them educated so that they might earn more.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you were the only one with money? Everything would be dirt cheap and you could be the only one with money. You don't expect much do you?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

And your post did? It was nothing more than a beat down of BA

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

That's why I favor a draft that is 2-3 years mandatory service for every 18 year old male and female either in the military or in federal service BEFORE college.  In 1971, Illinois paid the tuition for all veterans attending a state college. FREE!! Except for room and board and books!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

You don`t have to go the extreme of drafting young people to accomplish that, it`s kind of the way it is now.  That has been the selling point of the military for 30 years at least now that they will pay for college, even the National Guard`s selling point is be a weekend warrior a couple days a month andthey help with tution.  If you want to be a doctor the military helps with medical school, but in exchange you have to serve in the military.

A draft isn`t a good idea especially for ladies. Some people aren`t cut out for military, that is why we have a free country so each young person can decide on their own.  A draft in the wrong hands(commander in chief) is just a ready mecenary squad at their disposal.  And with the rape epidemic in the military, it`s seldom a place for a lady.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Apparently, you didn't read or comprehend the part "or Federal service"!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

"federal service" is the "national guard".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Service  

I still say there is no place in a free country to have a peace time draft ...and in these days with smart missles and drones, I can`t contemplate ever the need for a draft...wars just ain`t fought that way anymore. 

The only "reason" that a fool would want a draft in this day and age is for reasons OTHER than the defense of the nation.