cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mike Rowe Schools Bernie Sanders on Labor.

@BA Deere wrote:

"federal service" is the "national guard".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Service  

I still say there is no place in a free country to have a peace time draft ...and in these days with smart missles and drones, I can`t contemplate ever the need for a draft...wars just ain`t fought that way anymore. 

The only "reason" that a fool would want a draft in this day and age is for reasons OTHER than the defense of the nation.

Here are the new terminator robot soldiers being developed, now. 

image.jpeg

Honored Advisor

Hey Craig, those weapons are creepy, they can run fast and absolutely no fear.  It makes no sense in putting American flesh and blood into wars when these machines would probably scare the bejesus out of the enemy.

What`s kind of funny is ...I think it`s Charlie tax-dodger Rangle that has these liberals on the "Reinstate the draft!!!" kick.  Ironically these same liberals dodged Vietnam in one way or another or served in Germany when the fighting was in southeast Asia.  Smiley Very Happy   I wouldn`t say anything about this ordinarily, but a draft especially for young women is insane and would be a dangerous path this country would go down.

I suppose their shallow thinking is "if the entire country`s kids were subject to being in harms way, there would be a less likely chance of going to war" ...that is pure cowardice hiding behind children, dangerous...pure stupidity.  I want war less than anyone, however putting the nation`s children as a bargaining chip is pure insanity.

Veteran Advisor

The Peace Corp is Federal Service.  Is it the National Guard?  Why shouldn't we have national service?  We didn't have a war from '45-'50 nor from '52-'63 but we had the draft!  We had a much better military then than now!  It sure wouldn't hurt the kids of today to have to do some structured service to their country whether it is in the military or building houses with Jimmy Carter!

Veteran Advisor

Do you really think the military should or does only have fighting men?  How far do you think the army would get if they only had shooters!  My time in Germany was at it's worse a 1000 times better than yours and craigy's put together.  So to you both bumps dich alein! Und deine Mutti!  I've had it with you degenerates!!!

Senior Contributor

Re: Let me help you with your analogy

I  laugh when read  "me and dad"   spoken like a true pailcalf...............

Veteran Advisor

Auf Wiedersehen

Veteran Advisor

You didn't have a Dad?  Pity, that. Smiley Sad

Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

I  laugh when read  "me and dad"   spoken like a true pailcalf...............

A pailcalf is an orphan. My grandpa was a pailcalf. When he turned 18 he joined the army so he had a home.

Senior Contributor

If You're gonna be in the rubuttal business, perhaps ypu need to know what you're talking about. As far as i know you merely an ignoramous taking potshots behide an assumed name. A gutless wonder!

Veteran Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

If You're gonna be in the rubuttal business, perhaps ypu need to know what you're talking about. As far as i know you merely an ignoramous taking potshots behide an assumed name. A gutless wonder!

Have you always been so insufferable, or is it just old age that makes one so crotchety?

I can picture you on the front porch yelling, "Get off my lawn, you good-for-nothing red-neck b*****ds!"