cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Military Times poll

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest...

In a sharp reversal from 2016, a plurality of all active duty military and majority of officers plan to vote for Biden.

Might make the musings about The (totally libertarian) Insurrection Act problematic.

Although I assume some number of of the accelerationists in the ranks will continue to freelance.

5 Replies
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Good Lord

are you just trying hard to troll? you brought up "military times" a couple of years ago, and I had to post that it was a left wing rag, not representative of the armed services in general.

“We do see consistencies from poll to poll, aspects of national security that may be more of a focus for a military audience,” she said. “But the military is not a homogenous population. You do see a variety of opinions, especially within subsets of the military.”

But she noted the poll, which has been administered in the same way for the past four years, is not a perfect snapshot of public opinion within the entire military force. The average age of poll respondents was nearly 39 years, and the participant pool was culled and verified from Military Times subscriber lists and databases.

Feaver said the poll “is a good sample of the career-oriented military members’ views, which may be different from the junior enlisted view of things.”

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Re: Military Times poll

Any change in those numbers is a direct  result of Obama letting the LGBTQ crowd in the military. It will not take much time for the US military to slip behind the French and Canadians.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I imagine that they just recognize that, if reelected, Dennison will wreck our single remaining highly respected institution.

Although I'd say that GW Who? and the DoD/NFL Corps turning millions of Americans (and cops) into wannabe Marines in Fallujah started us in that direction.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Military Times=well known leftist mouthpiece.

What an idiot.