cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Milligan ?

Do you know what bill Saliers web site is? 

Any ideas on the attorney generals race for tomorrow?

YOu got numbers for the horse race tomorrow?

Oh by the way went up to Forest city today guess what?

There was as many Vanderplatts signs as Brandstadts signs.  In front of his brother monties farm there wasn't even a sign!

I think Terry asked him not to put one up Smiley Very Happy JR

9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Answers

@jrsiajdranch wrote:

Do you know what bill Saliers web site is? 

Any ideas on the attorney generals race for tomorrow?

YOu got numbers for the horse race tomorrow?

Oh by the way went up to Forest city today guess what?

There was as many Vanderplatts signs as Brandstadts signs.  In front of his brother monties farm there wasn't even a sign!

I think Terry asked him not to put one up Smiley Very Happy JR

Hi, I just got back from the Madison County GOP meeting....Ah, yes,.... Bill Salier's group is called Everyday America and can be found here:  http://www.everydayamerica.com/

The attorney general race will be settled next November. Brenna Findley (our golden girl) and tom miller do not have primary challengers.

The various races tomorrow.... For Governor, I think that it will be closer than the DSM Red Star are calling it.... probably within 3 points, one way or the other.  3rd and 2nd District US House races will most likely be settled in convention, because so many are running in each race on the GOP side..... no one will achieve the 35% needed to call a clear win.

Like on this side of the state..... I do not see the support for Branstad....he only has the support of the powers that be in Doug Gross' camp.....maybe a few old codgers who wax nostalgic about the "good ole days" of Branstad.

Just listening to the weather forecast... It is supposed to be raining cats and dogs....maybe that will keep the "fair weather Branstad fans" from the polls.....the Vander Plaats folks will swim the deepest rivers to show up to vote. (of that I have no doubt)

Honored Advisor

Re: Milligan ?

Hey Jr, What farm of Monty`s did you go by? The one by Leland has had a sign up for months. Tonight we were joking Monty ought to have a beer named after him, like `Billy Beer` Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

I am sorry BA I thought the feed lot south of forest city was his am I wrong? If so I appologize to the man.  He might still be loyal to the family at least then. I have heard so many things about that guy it's funny. Remember I am new around here so the locals only give me the juicy stuff first and his was some of the first I heard. JR

Honored Advisor

Yeah he owns that big setup also, I haven`t went by lately, it`s funny there wasn`t signs up there as well. He`s a hardworker and a nice guy. Haven`t heard any other stories about him Smiley Wink  You have any relation by Lake Mills?

Veteran Advisor

BA DEERE Nope I am not related to the B's up there.  You are the second person to ask me that today. I assume they are good folks. Did you Vote?

Honored Advisor

Well Jr, the Iowa Republicans didn`t agree with me on Vander Plaats. I support Terry Branstad, it was a hard campaign but Terry pulled it off. Yes the B`s I asked about are good folks, quick story. He was pulling a 600 bu Brent with his 1 ton Ford pickup with a honest 575 bu in the wagon. I was impressed. Now you could do that all day with a 1/2 ton Silverado no sweat but a Ford? I was impressed! I`m just kidding ya Jr, I saw you posted you drive a Ford  Smiley Wink

Veteran Advisor

Ok now BA green guy let me just say you can kick my dog and slap my cow but don't go beatin down on the fords!Smiley Mad

By the way if he had a chevy that wagon would of been pushin and pullin him around. At least he has good taste in trucks!

I'll bet old montey is lickin his chopps now!  Wonder how much DNR hay he can put up this time?

I better go. 

You know I was thinking that maybe this year a bunch of us around the center of the universe here ought to get together at the branding Iron for some good beef and slap the bull.  What do you think? JR

Honored Advisor

Branding Iron, even ol` 3020 will fly in for their Ribeye Smiley Tongue .If your Ford won`t start, I`ll come pick you up Smiley Wink 

Veteran Advisor

Sorry BA we'd have to take the ford cause otherwise the suspension wouldn't hold up on your old chevy after we all eat thereSmiley Tongue

Yea I'll have to see what we coud come up with maybe something around the middle of July

Maybe we could get Ray J to come up with the misses and fill us in for the evening fun. JR