cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Milly, did the tornado hit you yesterday?

Heard it hit near Indianola, warren county, about 5 pm yesterday.

4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Milly, did the tornado hit you yesterday?

No , but it was closeby. Tons of rain and 80 mph straight winds. It looks like '93 all over again. Now I am nursing a messed up left shoulder on top of everything else Smiley Sad
Senior Contributor

Can I be so bold as to enquire how your shoulder got messed up. Is it serious. Just curious.

Veteran Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

Can I be so bold as to enquire how your shoulder got messed up. Is it serious. Just curious.

I will find out tomorrow when I finally get to see the orthopedic Dr.  I was climbing up the front of a hay basket wagon,,,, my muddy boot covers slipped at the worst time.... I was hanging onto the top of the wagon with my left hand, and snapped my left arm right out of the shoulder socket,,,, stretching it clear out of my body.  Getting my legs out of the way of the metal frame, I let go, my arm almost hit the ground, and snapped back up inside of my shoulder blade.

It was a lot worse than just knocking it out by falling. The pain was incredible....still hurts worse than a tooth ache.  Been busy lining up help to get the hay put up, once the torrential rains quit.

Things happen fast with farm accidents, and take forever to recover from. Smiley Sad

Senior Contributor

Christ, I could feel the pain as you described it.  That would hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!