cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Missed Slovenia

Was testing myself on whether I could find Slovenia on an unmarked map and missed with a pick of Croatia next door.

It was just an excercise testing my opinion that 99% of the people who will vote in the primaries couldn't.

Since nobody knows where or what it is (I did know it was part of the former Yugoslavia) I'm going to stick to my story that El Donaldo's trophy (third) wife is an agent for the feared SISIS who met him by a honeytrap operation via meethotcommiebabes.com.

Pretty sure this isn't true but it is 100% as true as Obama being born in Kenya (likely not even a disqualifier if it were true, as Cruz might now assert) or that Geralldine Ferarro was Mussolini's niece.

Nevertheless those stories gained a fair amount of traction, presumably because people wanted to believe them.

The question I'm getting to is why do you suppose those things work for republicans but never against?

23 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Missed Slovenia

And Cruz' father was obviously a Castroite sleeper.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Bringing up where a candidate was or wasn`t born is akin to telling them they`re having a bad hair day.   With Obama it worked to his bennefit, as he was destroying the country, the country was distracted with the shiny object of his birth certificate.  And he stoked the fire by coming out with Mickey Mouse copies and playing coy, the bottomline always was that his ma was a US citizen, so it was always a waste of time.

With Trump he may be a sleeper agent...that is a possiblity, for Hillary.  Trump says 95% of the absolutely correct things, he is literally "too good to be true".   However his track record of a conservative is very shallow, what is to say that once he achieves the GOP nomination that he all of a sudden becomes "low energy" and throws it to Hillary? 

I love what Trump is saying and he probably is the real deal because of his heroic steadfastness on preaching the truth.  If he is an opportunist, saying what he is saying, certainly was the wrong way of going about it.

I may go to Clear Lake tomorrow and personally thank him for his service.  But for the caucuses, I remain undecided.  I may go for Trump, but Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are also very very appealing although all have been disappointing at times. But i don`t agree with everyone 100% of the time, not even my Wife  Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Advisor

Probably no bettter marker to suggest we should really fear a protofascist revolution than folks running around saying, and apparently believing, that "Obama destroyed our nation."

Whether you're deeply opposed to a continuance of the neolib/neocon order it is, objectively hard to find his tenure worse than his predecessor's (or his predecessor's record relative to his, regardles how much you might loathe who Bill Clinton is). It actually goes back a lot farther than that but for simplicites sake let's just blame the 3 of them and the post '94 Gingrich congresses and since.

It kind of all speaks to the point of my missive although I'm sure it is wasted effort.

You Good People are being played by people who have enough money to hire people who are a whole lot smarter than you. And even among those who are technically smart enough to figure it out the herd instinct kicks in. It is a lot easier to just join in with the dogwhistles and belong. Also more profitable around Hooterville.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

You seem to be running under the assumption that the "democrats aren`t fascists" well that depends on whatside of the fence you`re on.  Democrats supported NAFTA, TPP and the repeal of Glass-Stegal along with just about every US corporation.  And of course Tim Cook using the clout of Apple to extort entire states like Indiana and Arirzona...while that is going on small Christian bakers are thrown to the lions because their faith prevents them for baking a certain damned wedding cake.   There is some very selective "outrage" of what is fascism and what isn`t.

As I said after Obama`s re-election in 2012, I doubt a GOP candidate can ever be elected president again, and i stand by that, only if the democrats throw the 2016 will the Republican win.  There are too many "not good people" that get entertainment out of voting these days and the demographic of good people is shrinking.  

Bottomline, if your definition of Republicans is "fascism" then the demographic change in the US would suggest that you have little to worry about.

Highlighted
Advisor

Majority support of all the things you mention was/is republican.

Now when you guys ride another bunch of guys and gals in on the coattails of Cruz or Trump, all bets really are off.

The sad thing is that when it turns out badly you'll just say that things were so critical that you had no choice. Might not even turn out bad for you even if it does for the nation. Can't rule out that, say, in the spirit of Free Lunch for Good People, The Workhouse for The Other,  that coalition might be very generous to your special interests.

I do predict a bear market in guns and ammo if that comes to pass, though, so I'd be dealing some off if it looks likely to happen.

Veteran Advisor

Are you now going to tell us that you never bothered with the birther phenomenon???

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I do feel that I have some high ground in the case of NAFTA and the repeal of Glass-Stegal, because I voted for Ross Perot both times he ran.  It was only in the 2000 election that I woke up to the fact that if you vote your conscience by thowing your vote away on losers...evil wins and evil people that will require you to turn your guns in at the end of the month win.  There you sit without your guns, but by God, you voted your conscience and threw your vote away on Bo Gritz...here`s a gold star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8l7OI7U6zM 

Yes, I voted for Bush #43 twice with no regrets because he was the lesser evil.  He got us into wars with the aid of key Democrats including Hillary S Clinton and John F Kerry, but he could`ve been alot worse.

look your not going to solve this mess at the voting booth.  You could get your Bernie and Elizabeth Warren as his running mate and they could punish the BTO down the road and you`d be happy.  But that would be your only victory, the rich would still get richer and we`d still send our young into the the war sausage maker.  And I could get Trump and Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul in and even they couldn`t solve the mess because too many people like it the way it is and at the next election good people would be thrown out. No one wants to sacrifice as the WWII generation did....and I don`t either for a president and country the wants to take my guns and confiscate my property.

All we can do is elect the guy or gal that will keep our butts out of the fire a day longer in our version of the "day of reckoning"  and the day of reckoning is different in a dozen different ways for a dozen different people.  I would be happy living in the 80`s or 70`s or 60`s although there is getting to be a majority of people that believe those were just terrible times.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well, even the smartest people in the country, even you, fell for the lies that Cheney and the boyz were telling then about the need to attack Iraq!!  So you statement about Key democrats carries no more weight than key repubs does!  Probably close to 95% of the populace believed the lies.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I enjoyed the drama, but I live in Realville, due to the (ahem) historic nature of Obama`s presidency...Obama could`ve been born on the North Pole to a 14yr old Belgium, web-footed prostitue and we wouldn`t have kicked him out. Laws would`ve changed to accomedate a non-natural born POTUS or brothers would`ve burnt down the country.