cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Mission Accomplished Part 2

I think most folks agree that Bush's "flying" and subsequent landing on aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln for his Mission Accomplished speech ranks near the top for all time best self-promoting phote ops.  Looks like Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has taken a page from Bush and Rove to try and help boost his sagging approval ratings by "flying" an amphibious firefighting airplane to help combat forest fires near Moscow.  Looks like U.S. politicians and their handlers still have considerable influence around the world.

3 Replies
tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mission Accomplished Part 2

If one moron can do it, why can't two??

At least he can ACTUALLY fly a plane, ole Bush was just along for the ride.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Come on Tom.  There are many things I did not like about Bush and think his flight and subsequent landing on the aircraft carrier were simply a big PR stunt but even you have to admit that Bush can actually fly a plane.  Did you forget his time with the Texas Air National Guard in his younger days.  I wonder if Putin has previous flying experience as well?  Sounds like Putin was on board while the plane flew down to fill its water tanks from the Oka River and during the drop.  I had a friend in the Air Guard that got to ride along on a simliar mission in the U.S. during a forest fire.  He said it was a rush when they swoop down to take on water to drop on the fires.  

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

You'll get zero tolerance for his AWOL status from me. Yes, his daddy was a politician and got him out of combat when others didn't have that option and were killed or had to endure the situation. But, to strut around like he's some sort of courageous "hero" was so disgusting to not ONLY me, but other veterans as well.

But, he has quite a bit of cowardice and treason in his blood, as it goes back three generations too.