cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Update

If some outfit offered you a quarter of a million dollars to come talk to them for a couple of hours, would you turn it down?

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Is it safe to assume then that when you worked for the government you would take bribes? And don’t tell me that sort of thing is never offered.

r3020
Senior Advisor

They won't offer it to me because I don't have the power to give them someone else's money. Hillary it the big money wall street candidate.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

No one ever offered me a bribe!  The question is would you turn down money to speak at some function?

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

"money to speak" when you are talking those amounts is nothing more than a cover for a bribe.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

How much do you figure trump gets to speak to people?  Bribery?  No, just popularity and that is the problem for you guys.  People like Hillary and they are more than willing to pay her to speak to them.  She gets about $225,000 per speech NOT over $400,000

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

How about book sales, Einstein?

lets just play the devil's advocate here, and say that Hillary, or maybe even some Republican

congressman of yesteryear, was offered $250,000 for a cache of books....and they didn't turn

it down....would that be construed as "smart business" or a serious violation of ethics???

It reminds me of the old joke about the congressman that was offered a brand new cadillac from

a lobbyist, and said that unfortunately ethics would prevent him from accepting such a lavish

gift.

The lobbyist winked, and said...hey...what if I sell the car to you for $100? THe congressman

smiled and said...well in that case, I will take two.

r3020
Senior Advisor

She is bought and paid for by giant corporations. They bought her because she can deliver what they ask for. She is literally in the pocket of big business.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

If Trump were to take one dime now that he is running for a public office I would consider it a bribe just like those that Hillary takes.

What he has done in his private bussiness is no different than what Kraft probably has done.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Just what are you alleging about me? Taking money from who for what?

Do you actually blieve that Trump is not taking any contributions?