cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: More aggressive treatment for the cancer of liberalism?

You hope to get back $100,000? You would like to get back $200K-$300K so you could buy a couple new trucks? So your crop insurance is all profit then? You get the insurance plus you sell what crop you get also right? I didn't think the insurance was so you could make a huge profit but to ensure you made your expenses and not go broke. The few times I bought insurance long years ago, it paid my expenses but then I didn't have thousands of acres like all you BTOs!
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

What makes you think they are stupid? You don't have any idea what kind life they have, if their health is good or bad, if they are disabled. In fact, you know NOTHING about them and couldn't imagine it if someone told you.
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

yeah, anytime you collect on crop insurance, it is all profit. Just like the direct payments were.

What a bozo!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for confirming that crop insurance is the profit. You said it. I believe it.
Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Bart is too stupid to figure out why the insurance can at times be the profit.

Oh yeah and Gruber, Gruber, Gruber.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Look at this racer ,steel claims to pay $ 30,000k in crop ins premiums who pickups the remainder of premium????     the taxpayers.  That portion now becomes profit to mr steele every year.  Its money he does't have to pay..    

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

or why it simply pays the bills in an inflated environment.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Racist, if I didn't know that you are incredibly moronic, I would be hurt by your unkind words. BUT, since I do know that you are mentally challenged, I'm going to give you a pass. Also, I figure the more you show your ass about me, you're leaving others alone.
Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Hobby $ 30,000 is not a lot to pay for crop insurance. I only farm 120 acres and my bill has been aroung $5,000 the last few years. Most of the time I get no payment and the 5k is gone. But there are years when weather wipes out any sort of profit and the insurance saves the day. Should it be subsidised? I would say no if all the goverment rules and payments are eliminated. But as long as any of these farm programs exist you must play by thew same rules or go broke.

bruce MN
Advisor

Not dropping an oar in here on pros and cons of insurance or the premium subsidies but simply wondering what your take on participation in revenue coverage going on to the '15 corn and bean crop might be. If those Spring strike prices are rather low is there any incentive? The industry paid out tons last year and it will be substantial for this crop. I'd expect that their actuaries have some new premium revenue penciled in. Could be interesting. Interested in what you or anybody thinks on that.