cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurly3801539
Advisor

Re: More premium increases...Thanks Obama!

That kinda reads we can make it work if we ration care and don't let them see the doctor they want to.  Some one said that wouldn't happen.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Congress gave us Obama care. The only fix they want is single payer. The don't pass that because they know the people don't want single payer. They have to wait until Obama care completely destroys private medicine.

r3020
Senior Advisor

They can't even fix the VA.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The Republican congress and senate tried many times to repeal Obamacare only to have Obama veto it.  Ask Don and Schurrbart exactly how many times, they`ve kept a running tally.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Some people just don't understand that you can fix a bad law or regulation, but bad policy is just BAD.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

+1

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Dear Obama

thanks for being such a lying POS and messing up the healthcare

system in America. You said your goal was to be a transformational

president..another Reagan, and it looks like you have had success...

you transformed a working system, albeit one with flaws into a 

total disaster.

hardnox
Advisor

I'm supremely confident

that pretty soon here the USA will be overtaken by cascading events.

Regardless of what hits first and how, the root cause will be the failure of governance that's been created by the collapse of social consensus.

One I really haven't thought of was a collapse of the medical system. That would no doubt be a personal tragedy for many (maybe me) but it is also 17% of the economy. More than enough to blow down the first  few rows of dominos.*

The government would also presumably be too busy to do much about $2 corn and $6 soybeans. A great opportunity for the lucky few who play it right- figuring out when to cash your gold bars or index puts and buy big. Good luck on that.

*I have a couple of friends with kids finishing their medical residencies. They're both good kids and no doubt interested in doing some good. But I'd be nervous as heck about looking this future in the face with a $quarter million in student loans.  But if it is true for members of the doctors union there really isn't much of a safe harbor.

**On the one hand, killing off many million chronically ill people would seem an excellent event for the future of SS and Medicare. Male life expectancy dropped by more than a decade after the collapse of the Soviet Union, and remains low. Unfortunately if it is done in this slipshop manner the collapse in revenues will kill the programs, and the country as we've known it, long before those benefits are enjoyed.

PS. It has been a precipitate fall from the aforementioned dreamy End of History in 2001.And quite a shock for those who Did Everything Right.Who will no doubt be even pister.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Dear Obama

Nevermind that this particular problem is emminently fixable if enough people wanted it fixed.

I know you won't agree to not expand slavery into the territories and we won't surrender Fort Sumter.

Your move.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

3020; why do you think single payer will destroy private medicine?

Doctors are still private employees here, they just get their payment from one source.

Check into it and you will find that book keeping departments are minimal staffs in Canada while in your country there are many employed to bill all the different payers and argue over what is and is not payed fro and how much that should be paid.

And of course there are all the employees of the insurance companies sellong their policies and of course arguing with the health care employees about payents and then the profits removed by the insurance companies to pay their owners and bosses.

And you say the people do not want a more streamlined and efficient system?

Your country is doomed if that is the case.