cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: More premium increases...Thanks Obama!

Republicans insist that the free market will provide the least cost service to consumers. That competition between providers will keep costs low. Well folks , you have competitive bidding for your business. where all providers don't give a crap if they have all your business, just so they have a goodly portion of the business at outrageous prices. They aren't competing they are gouging their customers because your only other choice is another free market scoundrel.

If you think health insurance companies are  simply folksy little neighborhood businesses trying to earn market share, I would remind you to go to major citiesand look to the skyline of those cities and most of those cities have an insurance tower dotting the skyline of those cities. Assuming those insurance companies have a good heart and looking to provide a needed service to their customers at affordable rates, then you are in for a bitter disappointment.

Those of us that have been around for a while, have the experience of being gang banged by insurance companies long before Obama was ever on the scene. So You can blame him for my $1600 principal healthcare monthly premium some 20 years ago, but you would be wrong about that as well.

For profit health coverage is a self defeating process. Profits for a health care insurer is a noble thing but the gouging is not and Obama care gives a license to gouge to insurance companies and gouge they do as much as humanly possible.

The answer is single payer

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Bruce - I was just ranting - I was replying more to the posts previous to yours. It had nothing to do with your post, but rather the previous posts.

bruce MN
Advisor

The entire gist of the matter (and many, many others that touch policy), summed up in two lines at the end of your post. 29 words.

Thnx

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

What a idiot!

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Dear Obama

Who are Harry and Louise? I have heard of Thelma and Louise,

have that DVD sitting around somewhere...meant to watch it

sometime.

When you guys start posting about healthcare, the move I think

about most is Dumb and DUmber.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Obamacare has to be the most devious set of rules and taxes

ever set up to disquise the obvious...giving a basic free lunch

on health care expenses to those families making less than

$50,000 per year.

Nevermind that the effect has been to create an income zone

between $50K and $100K where taxpayers and workers basically

end up with nearly 100% taxation and confiscation of their

work efforts. 

Just like with Ike's 90% marginal rates, we already see people

that could be in the $100K bracket shutting down and hitting

the golf courses or bars. Maybe Trump will be the JFK that

gets the country rolling again. Sure hope Donald has better

bodyguards and SS protection.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Of course you think dumb and dumber. From your point ofview gouge and gouger are your favorites.

Socialized medicine how lousy it is. Thatts whynwe have millions of seniors marching the streets demanding change!

OKdon
Senior Contributor

BTW there were a few feree market dems that did not give their support to the affordable care act. One in particular the senior            democratic senator from Montana. His name will return to my memory "some day".

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Max Baucus former senator from Montana would not support single payer. He is now ambassador to China.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

The "pie" is getting sliced thinner and thinner with your socialized medicine.  Soon, the seniors will get only the burnt crumbs, and later, will be euthanized to shut them up. 

image.jpeg