cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: More "If Trump loses"

(The shoe seems to be quite on the other foot this time and Trump has admitted he wants a Supreme Court that will protect him should there be any dispute or question that he is not king.)

Well, no Trump didn't say that, sounds more like NQX than KNQPPER.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I reckon you have not listened to what Trump himself has said, multiple times. He is already claiming fraud and now making an SCOTUS nomination, admittedly by his own statements, to make sure he stays king should the matter go to the court.

OK, I understand you, but I think you need to listen much harder to what your king is saying to you.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I reckon you have not listened to what Trump himself has said, multiple times. He is already claiming fraud and now making an SCOTUS nomination, admittedly by his own statements, to make sure he stays king should the matter go to the court.          OK, I understand you, but I think you need to listen much harder to what your king is saying to you.)

What Trump said:

[WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Wednesday he wants a nine-member Supreme Court as soon as possible in case the justices have to decide cases challenging the results of his own presidential election.

"I think this will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine Justices," Trump told reporters after discussing election issues with a group of Republican state attorneys general.

Having a ninth justice avoids the prospect of a tie vote in an election case, Trump said: “I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation."]

And what Trump's political opponents say, which mirrors what you said:

[Political opponents said Trump wants an ally on the Supreme Court to increase the chances that any disputes would be decided in his favor. "Donald Trump knows the only way he remains president is by stealing the election," tweeted The Lincoln Project, an organization that produces anti-Trump commercials.]

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Since you won't read the link on the post:

What Trump is saying -  "And then you have after the election, too. But in terms of time, we go to January 20th. But I think it's better if you go before the election. Because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling, it's a scam, this scam will be before the United States Supreme Court," he told reporters on Wednesday without evidence.

• "I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation, if you get that. I don't know that you'd get that. I think it should be 8-nothing or 9-nothing, but just in case it should be more political than it should be, I think it's very important to have a ninth justice."
  • “I think this will end up in the Supreme Court," Trump said, per pool reports. "And I think it's very important that we have nine justices, and I think the system is going to go very quickly. I'll be submitting at five o'clock on Saturday the name of the person that I chose for the most important of all positions."

He is indeed making a SCOTUS nomination to protect him from the Democrats - these are his words today, 9/23/20

r3020
Senior Advisor

You're wrong again Knapper. Trump wants some one who will protect the law. Some one who will protect the integrity of the vote. Every ILLEGAL vote disenfranchises a legal vote.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: Since you won't read the link on the post:

(What Trump is saying -  "And then you have after the election, too. But in terms of time, we go to January 20th. But I think it's better if you go before the election. Because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling, it's a scam, this scam will be before the United States Supreme Court," he told reporters on Wednesday without evidence.

• "I think having a 4-4 situation is not a good situation, if you get that. I don't know that you'd get that. I think it should be 8-nothing or 9-nothing, but just in case it should be more political than it should be, I think it's very important to have a ninth justice."
  • “I think this will end up in the Supreme Court," Trump said, per pool reports. "And I think it's very important that we have nine justices, and I think the system is going to go very quickly. I'll be submitting at five o'clock on Saturday the name of the person that I chose for the most important of all positions."

He is indeed making a SCOTUS nomination to protect him from the Democrats - these are his words today, 9/23/20)

Pretty much the same, Yes.

Until you threw your opinion into the last sentence.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Knapper, here is the actions of a king.

According to Politico, not the Babylon Bee, California Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom is calling for a ban on new gasoline-fueled vehicles within the next 15 years. Newsom signed an executive order on Wednesday directing the state's Air Resources Board to outlaw all new gasoline-fueled cars and passenger trucks by the year 2035. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/09/23/heres-when-newsoms-ban-on-new-combustion-en...

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Well 3020 - the fat lady hasn't sang and you, nor me, have any idea whether illegal votes will be cast (well, you do). Of course you do because you are prone to fear, and conspiracy, which is why you are right wing. That aside, yeah, I hope they "protect the law." I'm not sure the SC will protect Trump, regardless of the appointments. They may protect and rule on other things.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Off subject. Bring this up in a separate post. You will not sideline me with cheap ploys like this, but I will be happy to comment, if I have a comment, on a fresh posting. King or not king is a good post subject.

r3020
Senior Advisor

We don't know if ILLEGAL votes will be cast but we do know there is a very good chance ILLEGAL votes will be counted. There is absolutely no reason to count votes AFTER election day.