cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

More torture

Our $502/month health care plan is non Obama care compliant. The new compliant plan will be a little over $1150/month. That is real money and this is real life.

3 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: More torture

Sounds about right.

Don't know your age but my wife's coverage from work costs $14,000ish and of course times being what they are, all increases are absorbed by the employee in recent years. She pays about $6K of that, up about $3K in the last 6 years.

For large groups the rqte of premium growth has slowed over the last 5 years and they contained most of what ACA mandagtes anyway.

I'm sure that a single payer bare bones "medicaid for everyone" would be better than what you had previously and at least ouy'd be guaranteed coverage as compared to the old one where, if it is similar to most, they just cherry picked an initial pool and then raise rates until they've squeezed everybody out in a few years. Then they terminate the plan and if you're part of the remnant that has developed a condition in the interim you're now uninsurable.

Republicans had 20 years to make reforms of things like that.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Sounds about right.

Don't know your age but my wife's coverage from work costs $14,000ish and of course times being what they are, all increases are absorbed by the employee in recent years. She pays about $6K of that, up about $3K in the last 6 years.

For large groups the rqte of premium growth has slowed over the last 5 years and they contained most of what ACA mandagtes anyway.

I'm sure that a single payer bare bones "medicaid for everyone" would be better than what you had previously and at least ouy'd be guaranteed coverage as compared to the old one where, if it is similar to most, they just cherry picked an initial pool and then raise rates until they've squeezed everybody out in a few years. Then they terminate the plan and if you're part of the remnant that has developed a condition in the interim you're now uninsurable.

Republicans had 20 years to make reforms of things like that.

Plan is gone. Instead of $2500 saving it is a $7200 increase. Exactly the opposite of what the liars told us. And Gruber braggs about it, about how smart he is and how stupid we are. Another progressive success.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Torture is reading your posts!