cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

More wasted money

http://www.theworthingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/counterterrorism-money-spent-on-underwater-robot-hog-ca...

Counterterrorism money spent on underwater robot, hog catcher

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Homeland Security Department paid for an underwater robot in a Midwest city with no major rivers or lakes nearby, a hog catcher in rural Texas and a fish tank in a small Texas town, according to a new congressional report highlighting what it described as wasteful spending of tax money intended for counterterrorism purposes.

-snip-

Coburn wasn’t shy about shouldering some of the blame for the program’s failings.

“Any blame for problems in the UASI program … also falls on Congress, which is often more preoccupied with the amount of money sent to its cities than with how the money is spent, or whether it was ever needed in the first place,” Coburn said.

Personally, I think we need better accounting, of where our money goes.   I think the last paragraph hits the nail on the head, that too many in Congress are worried about how much money they can get to their home district, rather than what it is spent on, or whether it was needed.

I'm still wondering how snow-cone makers protect us from a terror attack.

3 Replies
ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: typical ghetto economics

odummer learned from the best welfare whores alive

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: More wasted money

What irks me with this waste is they`ll put this spending in a bill with real nice window dressing and call it the "Safety-Schmafety Bill"  and if a politican votes against the Safety-Schmafety Bill, in the next election his opponent will beat him over the head with "He voted against the Safety-Schmafety Bill!! Now we`re all less safe because Al-Quada is running submarines up the Racoon River!!!".   It`s just all ridiculous, no wonder we`re broke, but the damned fool voters that are scared of their own shadow will vote for the guy that supports the Safety-Schmafety Bill.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Here's an idea

What if, everytime a taxpayer highlights a total waste of government money, and it is found to be a total waste, they should cut that program, and give that citizen a tax credit, for a percentage of the money saved.

I bet, even those who belive that Federal spending is cut to the bone, would find some wasteful spending, somewhere.