cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

PS.

I do rather think that it would be a big deal to many if the future Mrs. Obama had cohabited with an abortion doc (like maybe with the 52% of Mississippi GOP voters who say that her husband is a muslim).

Of course what she did at that age was worse- attending an elite law school (through affirmative action).

FWIW, I'm thinking that Mrs. Robinson wouldn't have put up with any of that business from her daughter, abortionist or not. And I'm also guessing her daughter would have known that without asking and respected her mother's wishes on the matter.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mrs. Santorum

Bruce, did you write that post or did one of the activist daughters or wife hijack your computer while you were out of the room?

Did you read the post , written by a woman of how Sarah Palin was victimized by the left for the crime of being a woman in ways that no man ever would have been? Did any of that get digested by any of your clan, assuming that it was one of the bitter women that wrote "Palin to keep freshly tuned and serviced.". ??? if you indeed wrote that, it seems like there is something about Palin that really must set something loose in you.

As far as Barry's "little woman", not sure why you would choose that adjective unless to ridicule her, too. What gives with the ad hominem attacks on women today?

The issues that the zero moved to the right on, are the issues the right has wrong. Perpetual war, unregulated banking....these are not issues that I support. On the issues his guys are wrong on, unions, immorality, breaking up families...etc etc...he is solid in keeping the wrong opinions. Really don't know much that I do agree with him on.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I agree and if Mitt romney changes his mind in a day or an hour one should assume that he has been struck with divine intervention and he is changing his philosophy because of that.

Would you agree that those that beleive strongly in forgiveness and redemption are less likely to offer it?

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Generations theory

I'll continue to recommend Generations (Strauss and Howe, 1991) regardless of being repeatedly panned here.

Even if you dismiss the theoretical framework it is a great thumbnail on US history although a bit of a tome, 700 or so pages as I recall.

Perhaps had as much to do with my own political evolution as anything as over the years I've watched things line up pretty much as the theories would suggest they would. Fourth Turning due approx. 2008-2020 with the future of the Republic to be turned over to the next  Great Generation. The last three times they were up to the task (and the older generations were sure they weren't), we shall see this time.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I wonder why Rush has not attacked Mrs. Santorum?

bruce MN
Advisor

Breaking up families and immorality?  What's new on that front?  If you are critical because he doesn't take the same stance as Rick Santorum or Pat Robertson then just say so.  But I also don't think you agree withthose guys all the time.  But what immorality decline has been enhanced by proposed legislation or policy? 

Sure, there are milloions fo right wing Americans who think that any Presidetn who isn't pushing hard every day for Victorian princilples and extreme conservative cultural mores, but we haven't had one of those since who knows who.  Bush, or Bush's people, played those people but there wasnt any big push to change anything.  So I suppose what you say could apply to every president we've ever had.  Perpetually unhappy is how you will be when we get the next one, when the campaigning is over,  if that is how your really feel. 

Th eLittle woman" thing was a coloquialism that I thought was relevant to tone of the discussion we were having.  An archaic reference that you hardly ever hear any more,  but that  I grew up hearing all of the time.  I doubt that you were seriously offended but if you were I apologize...just like Rush.  Ha!

"You apparently took "tuned and serviced" to mean something sexual.  I was refering to how fragile the candidacy was from the onset.   how patheticly unprepared and unsuited she obviously was and how it become immediately evident that the McCain campaigh had a real clusterbleep on their hands.  She didn't get treated any differently than Gerald Ford or Dan Quayle or Geraldine Ferarro did by the media.  She was just obviously that much more unqualified.   Nothing to do with her gender.  FWIW she's teh only one who ever mentioned her gender and the gender roles that she played in her life.  repeatedly to the point of nauseum.

The though of a person one heartbeat from the presidency who not only didn't read the paper but couldn't off handedly name one or two.   First of all, the GOP WOULDN"T have nominated a man of such low qualification.  

What have unions done to worsen your lot?  Again, what has this administratino done to "break up families"?  Other than, of course, to be the most agrgresive administratino we''ve ever had to deport and  immobilioze by disqualification to work thousands of immigrants.  Taking a way, way more rightward swath on that than any Rebublican administration ever has.  That's broken up a butt load of families.

hardnox604008
Advisor

That would be because whe has passed through the gates or RW redemption by becoming a Right to Life advocate which is supposed to make you bullet proof (and qualified to sit on the Supreme Court).

As an individual who has by all accounts been a fine wife, mother and member of society she has most certainly earned redemption (actually in a Christian sense you don't earn it, it is granted). But she's just fine, a lot of people have stuff in their lives that isn't perfect.

But she's also chosen to walk through another gate which is the one where you presume to tell everybody else how to live their lives and that is a different matter.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I took that to be a subtle sexual reference to Ms. Palin. I take you at your word that that was not an overt choice of words  to belittle her. I think most men would take "servicing" to mean that...maybe in your neck of the woods it does not connote that.

Obamahaha continues the disastrous policies of the left  that have broken up families and offers no legislation to encourage parents of young children to marry. I doubt that you see that, and cannot appreciate where a Rick Santorum is even coming from with some of his very pro-family proposals.

Not sure if you have noticed this, but Obama has increased the national debt under his watch by more than all the other presidents in history combined, with the exception of GW Bush, and Obama's increases are much more than occurred under the disastrous Bush spending

We are in a fast moving car headed straight for the ditch, and only a hard turn around will save us.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

We are in a fast moving car headed straight for the ditch, and only a hard turn around will save us

Well, Red, if you believe that, and you think, any of the people running from the right has the answers, you are terribly mistaken! NONE, of what any of them has proposed, is going to change the tragectory you suggest, fact is, IT'S THE SAME OLD SHIIT THAT PUT US HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE !

Your going to hate November.