cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Murder of Jo Cox and the Brexit

Bruce or Nox...one of the smart liberals posted something on this and for the life of me, I can`t find their post back.  So, I don`t mean to steal their thunder, but here is the story:  British MP Jo Cox someone in favor of staying in the EU was murdered by a faaaaar right radical that hollered "Allah Akbar"...no not really, he yelled "Britain first!" and this is pretty convient murder timing for those wanting to stay in the EU and Jo`s murder will draw sympathy and citizens will be inclined to vote to stay in the EU.

Kind of like General Patton making it through WWII and at the end of the war before he could invade the Soviet Union, he got in a freak car accident or JFK wanting to end the fed and give back the money management to congress, getting assasinated in a open convertable.  People die at the most "opportune" times.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/police-chief-says-attacked-british-lawmaker-jo-cox-has-died/ar-A...

OOOO scary...if Britain leaves the EU, bad economic times ahead....ooooooooo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/boe-ups-ante-on-brexit-with-warning-of-global-economic-harm/a...

18 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Murder of Jo Cox and the Brexit

A the big news for here on that is that the assassin is connected to rigt-winged groups here in the U?S. who are activists for policies that you  enthuiasticly support here on these pages.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The faaaaar right group disvowed the murderer`s actions, the way it sounds he was a lone wolf/MI-6 opperative.  I guess the question is if Obama talks about it or David Cameron, will they avoid the term "faaaar right extremism"?   As Obama avoids the term "radical Islam".

For the record, I do not think Omar Manteen anywhere near repressents the Muslim faith just as Jo Cox`s murderer does not repressent all of us on the faaaar right. 

http://www.smh.com.au/world/jo-cox-murder-connection-to-far-right-feared-but-neighbours-say-accused-...

hardnox
Advisor

As I've pointed out endless times, at the end of WWII the Soviets had 60,000 T-34 tanks, all better than anything we had, had the oil to run them and were the world's foremost land power.

George wasn't going to invade the Soviet Union regardless what Bill O'Reilly has been cashing in on by telling his toothless minions.*

But anyway, yeah. As I noted elsewhere as the Freedom Fries (Liberty Fish and Chips over there, I guess) crowd has suddenly morphed into brave anti-government revolutionary cadres it does skew in interesting ways.

And as to the mysterious hand of Providence, wouldn't surprise me at all if the next Brexit poll is closer (from the "shock") and then , like the Scottish Independence Vote, at the end, what do you know. I guess they thought better of it.

*As per another comment I made regarding Libya, when they make a semi-fictional historical movie about something you know you're getting played. Another example of that would be Zero Dark Thirty.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

It is much better for we Americans if the Brits were to remain in the EU. Both Warren Buffett and JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon are against BREXIT.

Then again, it is also sort of like being enthusiastically for mandatory public transportation for everyone...else.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Ha ha I noticed the other day that you had no idea what Nox was referencing. But that's ok, no one expects your echo chamber to be very large.

Jo Cox, a member of the Labour Party in the British Parliament, died Thursday after an attack by a lone man who shot and stabbed her in West Yorkshire following a regular public meeting she held with constituents. According to records obtained by the Southern Poverty Law Center Mair was a dedicated supporter of the National Alliance (NA), the once premier neo-Nazi organization in the United States, for decades. Mair purchased a manual from the NA in 1999 that included instructions on how to build a pistol.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/06/16/alleged-killer-british-mp-was-longtime-supporter-neo-...

Maybe Britain should consider a ban on white, Christian conservatives entering the country. Especially ones from the USA. Smiley Very Happy

If the answer to Orlando is to ban all Muslims from entering the country because an AMERICAN committed an act of terror, then the answer in Britain would be to ban all Christian conservatives.

hardnox
Advisor

Sterling has rallied 400 pips since she was shot.

I'd say somebody is betting that the fix is in.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I saw what Nox had about it, but I couldn`t add anything at that time, we had other hot topics going and when I went to revisit it, I couldn`t find it back....not that it matters.

Doesn`t Britain have some pretty strict gun laws, where did he get a gun in that liberal paradise?

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Well  gosh, I dunno but...

From the link :

Mair, who resides in what is described as a semi-detached house on the Fieldhead Estate in Birstall, sent just over $620 to the NA, according to invoices for goods purchased from National Vanguard Books, the NA’s printing imprint. Mair purchased subscriptions for periodicals published by the imprint and he bought works that instruct readers on the “Chemistry of Powder & Explosives,” “Incendiaries,” and a work called “Improvised Munitions Handbook.” Under “Section III, No. 9” (page 125) of that handbook, there are detailed instructions for constructing a “Pipe Pistol For .38 Caliber Ammunition” from components that can be purchased from nearly any hardware store.

The NA may be best-known for the work of its now-deceased founder, William Pierce, a former physics professor who also wrote racist novels. One, The Turner Diaries, tells the post-apocalyptic fictional story of a white man fighting in a race war that may have provided inspiration for Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There is mass psychology at work, martyrism works almost everytime it`s tried...safe bet.   Get a MK-Ultra nut with ties to the faaaar right and ring him up on his cell phone with a message such as "and miles to go before I sleep"  and he gets a gun out of a flower pot on Ashbury street.  And those against leaving the EU are painted as bad and voting to stay in the EU are a small contribute to the memory of Jo Cox...everybody then feels good about themselves and Britain remains in the EU...yay   

* here`s reference to the quote I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxIyjecJgw