cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Murders of white males up 25%

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-homicides-standyourground/murders-surge-in-florida-in-deca...

in states that passed Stand Your Ground laws (that's from a more granular examination of the data).

The only funny thing about that is why anyone would have thought it would turn out otherwise.

And, I guess, that the NRA can absorb the mild attrition to its numbers if it is selling a lot of guns.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Murders of white males up 25%

That comes from believing that if a little poison is bad then more poison will be better.

Reality of course always kicks in even though they believe differently.

Frequent Contributor

BTW, the data across all states that neacted SYG laws that Malcolm Gladwell cites indicates that the homicide rate rose 7% but white male victims increased 25%.

There's a Die Hard inside many people that is just waiting to come out. It is a bad idea to encourage it because it tends to get them killed.

Frequent Contributor

As far as those durn Hollywood Values go, there's a reason why entertaining that particular fantasy is highly profitable.

Honored Advisor

Your link is a 2017 story and I couldn`t find any mention of race or "25%" increase for white victims. It talks about a general 22% increase in murder.  But murder is different from "justifiable homicide" which would be the case from "stand your ground laws".  

Frequent Contributor

Honored Advisor

Talking in riddles, you must be Nox.  I swear you go through more handles that Elizabeth Taylor went through men.  Smiley Happy

Veteran Contributor

I look at the actual murder rate in fla since 2005

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/flcrime.htm.

As unchanged, the article said justifiable homicide is up, dah.  So the bad guy is dead, so sorry.

Veteran Contributor

His last post as double Ds he vowed not to speak to any agw denier again.  Lacking self control he needed to ditch it.

Honored Advisor

I`ve been saying for years that the OJ Simpson trial had so many lessons that could be carried into today.  A book "All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned from the OJ Trial"  should`ve been written.  When the verdict was read "OJ not guilty!" those with black pigmented skin cheered and celebrated, those with white pigmented skin were speechless that a murderer had beaten the system.

I said at the time those with black pigmented skin are nuts, because they have enough crime in their community that they shouldn`t celebrate that "one of theirs" beats the system.  If a white pigmented skin person robs a liquor store and gets shot...Great! that`s one less white pigmented skin criminal out there that would possibly harm my family.