cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

My Day At MAYO

MAYO is quite a resource to have here in Minnesota.  Yesterdays image of my spine:

IMG_6385.jpg

Starting at the left, you can see a full vertebrae, then a wedge shaped one,  a full one, and another wedge shaped  one.  This was the result of falling off a skid steer bucket while trimming tree storm damage, about  5 feet off the ground, and landing flat on my back on a driveway area.  I also broke 8 ribs.  It's been a painful 7 weeks, to be sure.

The wedge shaped vertebrae are the fractured ones.  You see a white spot below the disk on the one farther to the right, that is where they think my pain is coming from.   Looking at that disk in another view, that disk shows up white, while all the rest are black.   That is what the doctor was trying to see, and the reason for the wait.  The disk in the upper vertebrae that was fractured, healed ok.   The bottom one didn’t, and will take months, or longer to heal - or it may become a chronic issue.

They are going to go in there, use a small balloon to open an area between the vertebrae and the disk below it, and put cement in the gap, hopefully returning that vertebrae to where it was.  Supposedly, I will walk out of the office without pain in a few weeks.     Hopefully....

Jen

8 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: My Day At MAYO

Ouch!

I know broken ribs hurt like heck, don’t even want to think about the spinal stuff.

Wish you a speedy and rapid recuperation.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I’m slowly getting back to working on my house.  My body dictates how long I can work - and nothing is fast.

I have trimmed branches using the skid steer and bucket for years - that is probably at an end, until I can build myself a cage that I can stand in while on skidder or the high lift.

I have a 16 foot platform that I use a lot - mainly on the high lift because the hydraulic system is much better at holding pressure.  The skidder with pressure on the lines tends to sink pretty fast.

But like I said before - there’s a reason you don’t see grandmas building their own houses.....

Jen

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Looks like if you shed some weight you wouldn't have back problems.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I’m a farm girl.  I grew up unloading hay from hay racks, and later in the mow.   I’m 65 years old.  I’m very comfortable with what I am, and I haven’t had my doctors pestering me to lose weight. 

You better concentrate on your obese President with Covid.    He didn’t think rules pertained to him.   He didn’t think that a virus would infect him.  He’s not a god, like you cult members and he thinks he is, after all....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying......

Jen 

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Hey just trying to help you out like you do everyone of use conservatives.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Whatever Allen.....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying......

Jen 

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Trump is over weight too so you are in good company. 🙂

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Whatever Allen.   At least I don’t have Covid.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen