Advisor

N-S Korea to field unified team

in the Winter Olympics.

Waiting for the “give me credit” Tweet.
11 Replies
rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

Re: N-S Korea to field unified team

I don’t think Trump deserves the blame for this.
hardnox
Advisor

Our freeloadin' Japanese (non)allies say to beware the charm offensive.

Blame Truman and through to the present if anyone would like but there doesn't seem to be any indication that NK is interested in anything other than gaining acceptance as a nuclear state.

Actually pretty good place to buy some time ahead of the March US/ROK joint exercises.

rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

It’s kind of like defending your girlfriend from a bully and you find out she winked at him
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

That is a good thing.  Frankly I'd tell South Korea, Japan, and China that NK is their problem.  They will be the ones suffering from centuries of fallout, should a missile fly our way.  I'd tell  China to deal with it or we'll do everything in our power to remillitarize Japan.    Then I'd gradually remove all our forces from the region.

bruce MN
Advisor

Not so simple. 

Sino-Japanese relations have remained extremely fragile and tenuous for decades. And, on practicalities, rather rightfully so.

Nothing might blow the whole danged globe up faster than hard evidence that Japan was escalating in a manner that China viewed as threatening. 

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Yea, the idea would scare the crap out of china, and would see the incentive to deal with NK.

hardnox
Advisor

I'm not entirely opposed to what you suggest although it seems very different than what the generals who get paid to change the POTUS' diapers appear to be telling him.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

You and nox must have been sissy girls when you were kids.
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

O didn't listen to me either.