cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The links to Bush, Puhlease....

Why didn't you and every other bush supporter make these complaints at any time during the years 2000-2008???

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

LOL, you wouldn't even know who Solyndra was, or even care, if it weren't something that you could somehow negatively relate to Obama and his administration, plain and simple. You haven't discussed their(Solyndra) technology or anything at all about the solar PV/thermal industry, not once. So yes, it's all about ideology and smearing your ideological/political opposites and enemies.

That is your whole intent, just like your obsessive posting about some black panther video from an election day that happened before Obama was even elected and a republican DOJ refused to prosecute. But Fox news kept relentlessly blabbering and hyping the video, and so did you...........right up until the video was proven to be a fake.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The Bush DOJ was in the process of prosecuting the panthers for voter intimidation. Holder threw it out.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: NASA cuts

Jim, Bruce is the smartest one of the liberal amigos, but among them he is a one eyed man among blind men. Hope that helps you to make some sense of why they all seem to just be brain dead.

The problem is not that we have so many stupid people in the USA. The problem is that we let them all vote...sometimes more than once.

Voter Photo ID....a great republican initiative. The next step would be to drug test prospective voters and if you are drunk or high, you have to go home and let it wear off.  And then we should have some record that the prospective voter actually filed a tax return and paid tax if they want to vote. What kind of moronic nation  would let a non-tax payer vote on how to spend taxes?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I honestly wasn't sure but took the chance that there was nothin on Shrub on this one...Shrub might have been a moron, but he wasn't stupid.

Zer O Bidne wear the dunce hat pretty well....glad that I am not a Marine so that I can say that!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

1) you just calle me a Bush supporter, you really know how to hurt a guy LOL

2) Bush didn't give Solyndra any money.  If he had, I'd be griping about it.  I was right there griping about the no-bid contracts to Haliburton, the lack of oversight of TARP money, etc.  However, one thing I might mention, Bush is no longer in any kind of public office, where he has any kind of budgetary authority, so griping about him, is more or less useless, as it is too late to do anything about it.  Pointing out how the Solyndria loan had been 'rushed' through, in this administration, might prevent it from happening again.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

He would have though if the credit people hadn't demanded more time to study it.  I'm not complaining about bush now.  I am pointing out the fact that both sides engage in this sort of stuff.  You don't have a valid argument--he didn't give any money to...--the fact is he was supporting it and time just ran out on him.  Saying you complained before is easy.  I complained about Clinton all the time and he was my Commander in Chief part of the time.  See how easy that is?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Actually, I think I have a valid argument, in that it was said that the Obama administration was the one that made the loan (and hurried it through without thorough research by many sources) while the Bush administration did not give them any money, because it did not qualify for the loan while Bush was in office.  In order to make that statement false, the Bush administration would have had to loan them money, and it did not happen.

You can go on and all on what Bush might or might not have done, but that doesn't change the original facts that were noted, because, in fact, neither of us knows for sure whether or not it would have been approved in the end.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Then why the big stink over it being approved during Obama's term???  If, what you and the others are saying, that the people doing the deciding are not political but career employees, they would have done it on bush's watch had he had a few more months in office.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The stink, for me anyway, is the loss of taxpayer dollars.  It is unfortunate that it happened in Obama's term, but that is the fact.

However, if we bring it to the public attention, Obama has the power to replace some of those career bureaucrats, that make bad decisions such as this, and Bush does not.  I am not blaming Obama personally, as I really doubt he ran the numbers himself, and came to the conclusion to loan the money, but it happened on his watch.  If I made it sound like I am blaming him personally for it, I did not mean it that way.  He has way bigger fish to fry, than look at every loan applicant personally.

Let's say you were in charge of security of the motorpool on an army base, and the guy before you was known to let GIs 'borrow' a Jeep when they shouldn't have.  Someone gets caught AWOL in a Jeep they weren't supposed to have.

Who is responsible?  The one who started the bad behavior, who is gone, or you, the guy in charge when it happened, even though you were just continuing what the other guy did?