cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

NASCAR bans shoes with laces

Bubba Wallace might mistake them for a noose.

11 Replies
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: NASCAR bans shoes with laces

So, obviously the "noose" was the pull-rope for the door.  Don't know why anyone would have chosen to tie it like a noose, but it clearly wasn't intended for Bubba.  The pull-ropes have been there all along.  Some of the ropes have been tied into loops, either as a handle or to make them shorter, or both.  Here's a side-by-side pic of the same stall from late 2019, and currently, after the rope was cut off for "evidence".  In the 2019 pic, you can clearly see the loop tied in the pull-rope.  Bubba, his team, and the media should be ashamed for making such a big deal out of this -- NASCAR should particularly take the blame since it was supposedly reported to them last fall that one or more of the pull-ropes had handle loops tied in this fashion.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Bubba Wallace might mistake them for a noose.

I hope that he stays away from hay balers. All that twine hanging off the bale chamber might lead to a 10 alarm fire call. 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(NASCAR bans shoes with laces Wallace might mistake them for a noose.)

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Any word on anteefers & blm's using a noose to tear down statues?

r3020
Senior Advisor

No more tents either. Bubba might mistake the tie down ropes for a noose. But you will not break him.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The damned fool still insists it was a noose.  And he never actually seen it.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-says-no-crime-committed-223309844.html

Tuesday night, Wallace said he never personally saw the noose and was simply reacting to what the head of NASCAR had told him about it. Having seen images of the rope after the fact, Wallace stated, "It's a straight up noose."

The investigations by the FBI and NASCAR concluded that the noose was a knot that could be used to pull the garage's door down more easily. 

"I talked to my crew chief about it. ... I wanted to make sure we weren't jumping the gun," Wallace told Lemon. " ... It was a noose. Whether tied in 2019, or whatever, it was a noose. So, it wasn't directed at me, but somebody tied a noose." 

"I'm pissed. I'm mad because people are trying to test my character and the person that I am and my integrity." - NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace on social media reaction to the conclusion of the FBI investigation into the noose found in his team's garage https://t.co/YH4ynYqv64 pic.twitter.com/fB0m9Yj9FD

r3020
Senior Advisor

Bubba tried to create a crime where there was none but proudly proclaims black lives matters after they have tried to destroy the country. NASCAR needs to kick him out immediately if want any chance at all of survival. There is no room for his kind of racist hate in any sport.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Bubba tried to create a crime where there was none but proudly proclaims black lives matters after they have tried to destroy the country. NASCAR needs to kick him out immediately if want any chance at all of survival. There is no room for his kind of racist hate in any sport.

Bubba still claims it is a racist event and demanding that his victimhood is intact.  Apparently any time a rope is tied in a loop its a racist event.

Fish everywhere agree.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bubba just got done Boo-hooing with Gayle King, so down in the dumps, but Gayle the "objective journalist" that she is said "We`ll be cheering you on Sunday!"  classic See-B.S.

sherrylshateksj
Frequent Contributor

And why do they ban shoes that have laces? For example, I have been using good work shoes all my life, and these models can not do without laces. I am very comfortable in these shoes and why I have to change my shoes to participate in this event. I don't think this is fair, and why are such good models like https://mostcomfortableworkboots.org is not allowed. That it is better to come barefoot or in shoes that can do with your feet at any time. I believe that there should be no restrictions in this regard because it is the choice of each person