cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

NRA nut-cases

Need to watch this. I posted this below, but I want all you wannabes to see this.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-nra-thinks-more-guns-are-the-answer-bless-their-hearts-then-watch-this?c...

13 Replies
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: NRA nut-cases

Let me see if I can make those guys anymore destined to fail. I will place them in a shirt that is 5 times to big so it is impossible to draw a weapon. I will let the shooters know which one has a gun so I can shoot him first, after the instructor. I will give him a big helmet(for saftey of course) that he can not see or hear out of. Then I will claim that you cannot defend against an intruder. GTO if you really believe that is unbiased investigative reporting than you really have no grasp of reality.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

No, my friend, if you didn't understand the concept, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T GRASP REALITY! LOL!!

Now let's blow some holes in your arguement. Everyone in the auditorium was dressed the same, the shooter couldn't tell which one was which, because of the masks. Everyone in the "class" wore helmets, no one had any problem hearing what was going on.

To bad your so jaded, as to see that, with out extensive training, it's like I said before, all your going to do if confronted in that situation, is pizs your pants.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey GTO, I couldn`t open up your link and think I may have picked up a virus in the processSmiley Happy   But just guessing what they were trying to pull was say "No one short of Wyatt Erp could get the draw on a mass shooter".  Well as I understand these mass shooting deals, the shooter kicks doors open and shoots up that room with people hiding under tables and some pretending to be dead.  In the other rooms the people hear the "Pop! Pops!", now if those people that know what`s coming when the door is kicked open have a gun they have a very good chance of doing to him before he doth unto them, instead of shivering like sitting ducks.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

No, my friend, if you didn't understand the concept, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T GRASP REALITY! LOL!!

Now let's blow some holes in your arguement. Everyone in the auditorium was dressed the same, the shooter couldn't tell which one was which, because of the masks. Everyone in the "class" wore helmets, no one had any problem hearing what was going on.

To bad your so jaded, as to see that, with out extensive training, it's like I said before, all your going to do if confronted in that situation, is pizs your pants.

The principle at Sandy Hook would have had a much better chance with a gun than she did throwing her body at the man.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Then why did the "student" sit in exxactly the same spot in each training scenario? Could it be the shooter knew where he was and if he moved the shooter would then have to look for someone with a gun? The shooter knew someone in there had a gun. Does that happen in real life? GTO, you are also so biased to not see a study that is obviously slanted to make it impossible for a win scenario for the good guy.

Have you ever worn a full helmet in your life. Motorcycle or anything else? If you had you would not make comments that everyone else could hear just fine.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

The principle would have needed a 30 shot magazine to compete with the shooters firepower and do you suppose the children would have all been safe?

Here is what happens when trained police are confronted with a shooter with a handgun.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/nyregion/bystanders-shooting-wounds-caused-by-the-police.html?page...

The police commissioner, Raymond W. Kelly, confirmed on Saturday that all nine were wounded by police bullets, bullet fragments or shrapnel from ricochets. Mr. Kelly also confirmed that the shooter, Mr. Johnson, never fired another shot after killing a former co-worker, Steven Ercolino, moments earlier.

Seems to confirm what happened in GTO's link.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

30? All it takes in one well placed.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

The principle would have needed a 30 shot magazine to compete with the shooters firepower and do you suppose the children would have all been safe?

Here is what happens when trained police are confronted with a shooter with a handgun.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/nyregion/bystanders-shooting-wounds-caused-by-the-police.html?page...

The police commissioner, Raymond W. Kelly, confirmed on Saturday that all nine were wounded by police bullets, bullet fragments or shrapnel from ricochets. Mr. Kelly also confirmed that the shooter, Mr. Johnson, never fired another shot after killing a former co-worker, Steven Ercolino, moments earlier.

Seems to confirm what happened in GTO's link.

Or she could have aimed at the shooter's eyeball with a single shot 12 GA shotgun.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Sorry, you missed it, BA. But I can't get it to play either, and I can't even google it to find it. As you have probably read, you wouldn't have liked it anyway.