cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

NRA sues Florida

The NRA is doing the job Trump and Sessions should be doing. Suing a state for denying American citizens their Constitutional rights without due process. Instead they support the Florida governor. This is unforgivable and I predict right now Trump will be a one term president if he last that long. I can no longer support Trump. He is trashing the very Constitution he has sworn to uphold. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. If it goes so will all the rest. If the progressive wish to disarm us there is a process. Pass a Constitutional amendment repealing the second amendment. The president must sign that bill. It must then be ratified by 2/3 of the states. If you can't do that then the second amendment stands for all of the citizens and not those who are over 21 years of age.

21 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: NRA sues Florida

Bullsnot!! I gave the NRA more credit than they deserve! They are know they are in deep trouble. 

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I hate to tell you this 3020, but the day gun ownership, is drawing to a close.  People may kill each other by other means but the ability to kill and maim hundreds, in literally any assembly of humans anywhere and anytime, has to stop.  Since there is no ability to tell who may be a murderer given the right opportunity and frame of mind at a given moment through "mental testing", then other avenues must be considered.

The anti-gun movement is gaining steam, and you are going to be very hard pressed to stop it.  Trump knows it - it's why he agreed with what Florida passed.  You don't like it - it may be your time to move somewhere that guns are more likely to be excepted.  And guess what?  There is no where that has more guns, and were accepted more, than here in the US. 

But like anything, a few can ruin it for many.  And in many cases, it only takes one to ruin it for many.  The shadows are getting long on the close of this day of the gun.  Rules ARE GOING TO CHANGE, whether you like it or not.  I suggest that you learn to feel safe, without that weapon of mass murder at your ready....

Tick Tock.....BONGx10!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

hardnox
Advisor

I do agree with you on the narrow question of whether, as a class, 18-20 year olds can be denied the rights afforded other citizens.

But the constitution and current standing court decisions do most definitely give the Federal government and states considerable latitude in regulating guns.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Not on rights protected by the Constitution. No one can be denied their Constitutional rights without due process. If you don't like it you have to change the Constitution.

hardnox
Advisor

Read Justice Scalia's opinions in D.C. v Heller and MacDonald v. Chicago.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Push this and you will see just how big you will lose the next election. The day you are referring to will never come!

hardnox
Advisor

I thought Craig's

musings were interesting about killer robots that could be used on our enemies, both foreign and domestic.

If sovereign citizens decide that they don't wish to comply with constitutional authority regarding guns then the bots could go do the cold dead fingers work and avoid innocent people being harmed. That would, of course, be after they'd been given every opportunity to comply and a legal warrant was issued.

It would at least be a little ironic, like mostly GOP fed law enforcement getting a warrant under a GOP law from GOP judges to surveil a putative GOP plot against America.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I thought Craig's

You go down a slippery road here. When a county clerk refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple she went to jail because the government said the two had a Constitutional right to marry. If we can discriminate because of age then we can discriminate because of sexual orientation.

Trump and repubs are going down the wrong road here and it will cost them big.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: I thought Craig's

The current and standing interpretation of the 2nd Amendment permits Fed, state and local governments to regulate gun possession from certain high risk groups (mental patients, convicted criminals, persons under court orders such as restraining orders), to regulate excessively lethal weapons and regulate sales and registration.

If laws involving those things are passed then you have to figure out to do with people who don't want to comply.