cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Name Change from dear leader

Your previous president is going to suffer another removal of his name.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/trump-avenue-ottawa-name-change-1.5886702

For Kaylee Brooks, who's lived on Trump Avenue for about two and half years, it can't come soon enough.

"At first it seemed like a silly joke, but then the more you live here and the more news that came out about Trump, it was upsetting," Brooks said.

"No one wants to be associated with his name, especially right now, and it would mean the world to me to change it ... because I don't want my official documents to say 'Trump Avenue' when I apply for things."

Brockington said he decided to wait until after Trump left the White House to make a move.

"Frankly, I was worried that there might be some ramifications against Canada if word got out that in Canada's national capital they wanted to take his name off a street sign," he explained.

11 Replies
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: Name Change from dear leader

who did you vote for last time your head of state was elected?  Oh that's right a queen from another country is your head of state. You have no choice. 

Better than the USA though, china owns ours.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Canuck = Moron.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Al, don't insult Morons.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@rsbs wrote:

Al, don't insult Morons.

As always with our Republican buddies here - up is down - down is up.   ALWAYS keep that in mind.....

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

And with Karen boys are girls.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

No comment about the news item.

When they can only call names it means they do not have any ideas about the story but the story must really 'bite' them that they have to try to divert from the article with names rather than any intelligent conversation.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Why discuss an article from an organization that just believes there are over 100 different genders and that they are fluid?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

And you just confirmed that you have no intent to Mae an intelligent comment about the original post and the article 

just more diversion. That indicates that it is true and the message the road name change is sending has been noticed by you.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(And you just confirmed that you have no intent to Make an intelligent comment about the original post and the article           just more diversion. That indicates that it is true and the message the road name change is sending has been noticed by you.)

Well canuck, not exactly pressing news, if they are all backside hurt over living on Trump avenue, change it to senile joe avenue, or black face avenue, or or heels up avenue - we have the woke cancel culture here as well. 

Since you posted it, I noticed it - I'll cry for awhile, lose some sleep, and then I'll be fine with whatever name change that they decide on.

We're getting rid of diane feinstein high school's name here and I'm devastated.