cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Nebraska to big Ten

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Better academic institutions get screwed because the big ten wants a piece of the athletic brand and Osbourne wants the money.

Pox on the huskers.

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Nebraska to big Ten

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/best-colleges/2010/03/15/athletic-conference-breakdown-2010...

Gee whiz- stop the presses. Big Ten says they want institutions that meet the "high standards" of their conference.

They want TV market and athletic brand. And money, period.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

"shocking, I tell you...shocking"

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

This whole idea of conferences cherry picking and stealing away select schools to help bolster their athletic revenues comes across to me as extremely sleazy.    Institutions of higher learning - you bet.   Looks like the greed they help teach goes well beyond just Wall Street bankers and large corporations.

Highlighted
Advisor

Maybe it will go beyond ahtletics and big pig MN, big cow WI and great big combine OSU and big ag banker Purdue will have some of the good sustainablilty stuff coming out of Lincoln rub off on them.

I don't like tough decisions at my age and who now to do sports hate on worse...Nebraska or Purdue.

Highlighted

I guess that on the bright side it will be fun to watch Northwestern and IU whipping the crap out of da huskas regularly.

Highlighted
Advisor

The B10 wants to expand to 17-18 teams from what I hear.  They've got their sights on Missouri, Oklahoma and ND of course.  

I'm not really in favor of it, I like more diversity, but they say the majors are all trying to get bigger.

Highlighted
Contributor

I don't think you will see that happen.  I'm not thrilled about the big money grab, but as a college football fan, I'm looking forward to some new blood in some of these conferences...it'll be very interesting to see how they do.  I also think  you guys are underestimating Nebraska and their gravitas that they bring to the table.  They are a National football team...one can't just count the TVs in Nebraska.