cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Need help

old old stories...not related

the tyson bribe, Tyson foods orchestrated a method to get $100,000 to the CLintons, and deduct it by using their cattle future broker...Hillary was paid just a few dollars over an even $100,000 by directing the winning cattle trades over a period of six months into a special Hillary account...she never put up a nickel, never had a losing trade, and just ended up with a check. Not too hard to  figure that one out , right?

The Irs amount was also around $100,000 for what the Clintons never paid the IRS after deducting the fraudulent whitewater tax losses, for which they were never liable and never put up any of their own money...

See the pattern?

Some people are just not as good at being crooks as other people are...the Clintons actually left some trails.

Not to say the republicans are any better...probably most are worse.

I just sick of that Blowhard Don going on with his partisan bs all the time. I can't help it if Don had to work for a Republican that he detested at one time. Something like that must be in his background to rattle on the way he does.

Veteran Advisor

I'm probably pretty naive about a lot of things but one thing I believe in--especially in the light of the way things are in much of this country over the past 20 or so years--is that if there was ANY proof of wrong doing by anyone--again, especially if political enemies caught wind of it--charges and special prosecutors, etc would have been all over this.  As it was, one special prosecutor deemed it not worthy of anything.  As for Hillary not putting up any money up front, that happens EVERY day on Wall Street and the commodity market and the livestock market.

Senior Contributor

Wrong Don.  Ted was charged and plead guilty to leaving the scene of an accident although most folks feel he should have been charged with more serious crimes as well such man slaughter, drunk driving or  negligent homicide.  "Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die."   There have been numerous charges and convictions of negligent homicide around the country for people who drove drunk and had accidents resulting in others being killed.  According to numerous witnesses Ted had been drinking all day starting before noon the day of the accident.

The reason I mentioned Ted and Chappaquidick is to show how you have repeatedly denied any wrong doing by Dems even when the evidence is overwhelming.  However while we are on the topic lets see if you have to guts to honestly answer a couple of questions.   Do you acknowledge that Ted was drinking the day and night of the accident that killed Mary Jo Kopechne?   Was Ted driving the car that crashed and resulted in Mary Jo's death?  Did Ted choose not report the accident for over 8 hours while he did not know if she was still alive or dead?  Would you want a man with morals like that marrying one of your daughters?  I'm betting you will never answer those questions honestly and if you address the questions at all it will be with some gobbly guke such as "It depends on what the meaning of is is."

Don't forget Don that Starr's investigations resulted in 15 convictions including the Gov. of Arkansas and the Clinton's business partners.  He choose not to go after the Clintons for several reasons of which the main one was Susan McDougals refusal to cooperate with prosecutors.   She knew she would get a pardon from Bill so she had little to worry about.  Not sure where you get the $70 million price tag for Starr's investigation as most every source I have seen reports the cost between $30 and $40 million.  Still that amount is way to high.   If the Clintons had kept the noses clean tax payers would not have been stuck with any such costs.   I suppose you blame the L.A. county's prosecutors office for the high cost of O.J.'s trial as opposed to blaming O.J.?

"So your answer is you believe all the crappola put out by your rightie buds."   Once again Don you have gotten so desperate to defend your heroes that you are reduced to lying yet again.  When I discuss Ted or Hillary's problems I am not getting any of my info from right wing buds.   If you actually cared to learn the truth you would find there are many reputable news sources out there that have reported on these matters of which many of them you have used in the past as sources to help beat up on Repubs. 

Good luck though Don.  Soon you will able to start using your advanced age as an excuse for your lying and to help cover up for your ridiculous statements. 

Senior Contributor

It was Starr's job to report to Congress.  Because of his investigation there were 15 people found guilty of wrong doing which shoots a bunch of holes in your statement, "Is that if there was ANY proof of wrong doing by anyone--again, especially if political enemies caught wind of it--charges and special prosecutors, etc would have been all over this."  To prove guilt the prosecutor would have needed the cooperation of others involved.   Prosecutors knew they would get no cooperation as witnesses feared giving harmful testimony against the Clintons plus knew the Clintons would take care of them as with Clinton's pardon of Susan McDougals.

Bart as far as Hillary's cattle futures being done all the time you are hypocritical as Don.   If this happens all the time please tell me of another similar example of a governor's wife getting special favors like that from her state's largest and wealthiest business?  I love how you Dems are all against big evil corps except when they are helping out fellow Dems.   If memory serves me correct I believe the finacial trader who carried out Hillary's / Tyson's cattle futures was fined or lost his job over it.  I'll pose a question to you as well Bart.   How would you and Don react if it was V.P. Cheney that had gotten a similar cattle futures type deal from Haliburton?   Would you simply brush it off and say it happens all the time? 

It baffles me how otherwise intelligent people can be so naive about some members of their own party.   This goes equally for folks from both parties.

Senior Contributor

Are you kidding?? What Hilliary made on cattle futures, can't come close to the $34 million Cheney collected from Hallibuton when he became vice president. I'm sure your going to claim he deserved that, so, explain the $9 million he recieved after he was in the White House, from Halliburton.

Veteran Advisor

Cheney DID receive monies from Halliburton AFTER he was in the White House and do you think he didn't have anything to do with the NO BID contract they were awarded to serve the troops in Iraq??  Talk about naive!

Senior Advisor

Re: Once again

You regurgitate a long tome about all of your allegations that you have repeated time after time again and again. Historical allegations that you have assumed is fact. You are the liar. You have no solid evidence of anything. Just constant repetition of the same old same old.

Susan Mcdougal refused to testify against Clinton because she said she refused to testify falsely. Her words, not Rush limbaughs, not the New York times, Not anyone else. Right from the horses mouth.

You Think Ted Kennedy should have been charged for other crimes. More correctly, you wanted him charged witrh other crime. The people doing the investigation did not agree with you. Therefore you assume he is guilty of everything you imagine and that is you idea and your sticking to it. In fact most dems are guilty of everything in your mind. Why? Because somebody suggested it.

Senior Advisor

Re: Good post

From now on Dag will rag on about **bleep** Cheney instead of ragging on about Ted Kennedy or Hillary Clinton all the time. I know that is the case because he is so nonpatisan. He is not hypocrites like us dems are.

I think I will stop answering Dag that way he will only have a reason to write 3 or 4 anti Clinton or anto Kennedy chapters.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

GTO, can you show me where you got the $34 and $9 million figures? 

This is from CBS news.  Cheney was chief executive officer of Halliburton from 1995 through August 2000. The company's KBR subsidiary is the main government contractor working to restore Iraq's oil industry in an open-ended contract that was awarded without competitive bidding.

According to Cheney's 2001 financial disclosure report, the vice president's Halliburton benefits include three batches of stock options comprising 433,333 shares. He also has a 401(k) retirement account valued at between $1,001 and $15,000 dollars.

His deferred compensation account was valued at between $500,000 and $1 million, and generated income of $50,000 to $100,000.

Cheney's aides defended the assertion on NBC, saying the financial arrangements do not constitute a tie to the company's business performance. They pointed out that Cheney took out a $15,000 insurance policy so he would collect the deferred payments over five years whether or not Halliburton remains in business. 

Cheney's deferred payment was because he worked for Haliburton as their CEO.  Hillary was not employed with Tyson in any fashion.  Does that not make person wonder why Tyson was being so generous to Hillary?  She just so happened to be the wife of the Arkansas governor who was heavily courted and funded be Tyson.  

By the way Cheney is not the first nor the last to serve while still taking payments from a former employer.  We could have another soon if Solomon Watson, Obama's nominee  for Army general counsel is approved as he will receive at least $1 million in deferred compensation from the New York Times Co. even as he works for the government. 

I was no never happy about the Haliburton no bid contracts and Cheney's past connections with them however I have read where even Haliburton critics say they are one of very few companies able to take on some of the enormous tasks needing done in Iraq in short notice. 

Don, my only complaint with Ted is Chappaquidick.  While I did not agree with a lot of his politics I do think he was a very capable Senator who truly cared about those less fortunate.   However Ted's actions at Chappaquidick are simply indefensible although you gallantly continue to try.  As I have suggested before do a Google search or go to the library and you can find all kinds of information on just what happened that day then come back and tell me how you feel.  You can bet things would have been handled differently if this accident took place in Kansas or most any other state other then Massachusetts.  Did you see left leaning Bill Maher mention Ted recently.   Maher said here are two people that he gets tired of hearing some folks try and defend but that he thinks what those two did are simply indefensible.  Ted's actions at Chappaquidick and movie director Roman Polanski who fed a 13 year old girl champagne and a Quaalude (sedative) then had his way with her despite her repeated pleas to stop.

Senior Contributor

Google is a wonderful tool, dagwud, you should try it sometime. Scroll down to the year 2000, happy reading! 

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/about_hal/chronology.html

BTW, dagwud, the reason I knew that was because I heard it on HARDBALL by Chris Matthews--on the only network worth listening to, the ONLY truthful place for politics. MSNBC.