cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Good post

Gottcha, Don. Did you catch the Hardball program last night? I don't know what we're worried about the Taliban or Al Queda. We've got much worse right here in the US.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Need help

Seems to be some difference between CBS news reporting on this and the fair and balanced Haliburton Watch.com.   I agree executives are paid way to much and many of their golden parachutes are ridiculous.  However as I said Cheney was the CEO of Haliburton and the company did very well under his watch.  Your link Haliburton Watch even mentions how the company went from 73rd to 18th on the Pentagon's list of top contractors and doubled its government contracts under Cheney.   While we agree these multiple million dollar executive salaries are over done it is still legal to pay them big bucks.  The question remains why was Tyson the biggest wheeler dealer in the state so generous to Hillary and why did he have his business attorney handle all the trades and transactions?   Could it be that giving the Clintons $100 grand would be illegal so they tried hide it as some great trading deals that Hillary at first claimed she handled the account and made all the trades herself when in fact it was done by Tyson's attorney.

I did get a chuckle out of Cheney's comments on Haliburton Watch where he said that "the government has absolutely nothing to do" with his financial success as chairman of Halliburton Co.   Kind of like all these ex-Congressmen turn lobbyist for Big Pharma and oil saying all their lobbyinng success has nothing to do with their past government connections.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Nope I was helping my son in law build a pergola. At least I tried to stay out of his way. 95 in the shade yesterday and no shade. I'm finding out I am older and more decrepit than I thought I was. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Nothing a couple of good cold beers won't take care of.