cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Need more guns!!

Because maybe they got the wrong address which happened a few months ago and the guy got out of bed with a rifle and the cops shot him.  In fact just google "cops shoot wrong man".  One guy was shot and killed because the cops knocked on his door at O dark 30 and because of the hour, he took his handgun with him.  When he opened the door, the cops saw the gun and shot him.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yeah, right!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That would be a major lawsuit toward the cops in my opinion. We are still a free country and I am still allowed a gun in my house. If you live in an area that is high crime I would probably bring a gun to my door also. That doesn't give the police the right to shoot....unless I threaten them, refuse to comply to their instructions (i.e. put the gun down, get on the ground) or have the gun pointed at them when I open the door. The police ought to announce who they are prior to me opening the door if I asked who they were, and let me confirm who they are if there has been problems of bad guys breaking into houses announcing they were police. Just as civilians shooting innocent people is unacceptable so is police shooting innocents are also.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If they are coming to arrest a druggie or a murderer and they have the wrong address????  If they shoot you or your wife, a lawsuit isn't  going to ease the pain.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No, no amount of money would....but hopefully it hurts them enough that they will make sure it doesn't happen to anybody else.

http://www.popfi.com/2010/03/19/cops-raid-wrong-house-over-50-times/

This is unacceptable, and those responsible should be fired.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You cannot help yourself by placing justification for the needless slaughter of over 11,000 people each year in the US by people who have access to guns needlessly.  There is not one single instance whereby guns should saturate your society like they do.  The gun problem in your country is a state of mind and a relic of the cowboy wild west days. If also appears to the rest of the world that immaturity and lack of desire to stop this senseless slaughter lies squarely on the shoulders of the NRA and the nongs who are still wrapped in the 2nd amendment.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I know of no one shot by a gun in the house, personally. However, I can come up with a lengthy list of people bit, oe even mauled by a dog in the house. Should we ban all dogs?
Veteran Advisor

You are wrongly blaming the guns, for what killers do. If you magically got rid of every gun in this country, but left everything else the same, I bet the murder rate would barely go down. Did you know, that in areas overrun with illegal aliens, as much as 90% of the murders are committed by non-citizens, here illegally? How can you blame the American culture, for something done, by someone not of that culture? Also, over half the killings in this country are committed by repeat killers, and over 3/4 of murders by people with a criminal record, who by all rights should be in jail, had they had to serve their full sentence. Yet, I keep hearing it is all the guns fault.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:
The woman was protected by a restraining order. She is dead. If she was protected with a gun maybe not.

So because one person used a gun you choose to arm everyone instead of get rid of the one gun that did the killing?

You then have many guns to do killing.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

good logic canuck....It has worked so well on banning drugs....no body has drugs in this country since we banned them and declared war on them.