cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Need more guns!!

And how many countries do ypou have bordering your country. That smuggle guns, drugs and who knows what else across. That have tunnels dug to bring some pof those smuggled products. Do you have mexican drug cartels setting up gangs in your country? Are they killing people in the streets? In Chicago alot of the killings are gang related, heck probably in most big cities. If you think they are going to turn in their guns because you ask pretty please, your a bigger idiot than I think you are...and that really isn't possible. If youthink they are not going to smuggle guns or ammo into this country because you passed a law well... see above comment about  you. Gee Canada has a pretty friendly neighbor, Austrailia doesn't have any neighbors. Being able to to say we did it why can't you is easy when yoy don't have SA sending their undesirables into your country.

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@gough whitlam wrote:

You are doing it again. You are flippantly defending the indefensable.  You use the analogy which best fits this scenario. Take all the guns out of society and they will not be shooting themselves for a start.  Can't you see that or are you too dumb to admit it.

Your goals and thinking is identical to that of Barack Obama, remove all guns from society.

I do not follow all your politics so, is that a policy of Mr Obama's or just an idea that those opposed to him for any number of reasons throw out there to get the 30 % of your population that own guns to vote against him?

Check his voting record.

Veteran Advisor

OK, I will humor you, and give you an opportunity to actually prove your point, rather than just using sound bites and hyperbole.

Can you show me an example, of someplace in the United States, where stronger gun control laws, have reduced murders, or even crimes in general?

I gave you an example of Kennesaw, Georgia, where after making gun ownership mandatory, and had the gun death rate drop to zero.  (in case you are wondering, I belive a class on safe gun handling is also mandatory, which probably is the part of the law that is the most effective). 

Senior Contributor

In typical Jewish fashion, I will reply with a question.  Can you show me a place in the US where they have given their guns back in an attempt to stop the violence? Like Australia.

Veteran Advisor

I already did.  Kennesaw, Georgia, made gun ownership mandatory, and their rate of gun deaths, from all causes, dropped to zero.

Your turn.

Senior Contributor

I think he wants you to do the research for him. He wants you to find instances in the USA where people gave up their guns and crime went down. Like the pissant student asking the professor to do his research for him.

Senior Contributor

Re: More stats

Neb;

Washingtom with strong gun laws makes no difference if bordering jurisdictions do not have the same laws.

Look at Canada with stronger laws than the US and the big problem here is guns smuggled in from the USA.

And that is across an international border.

Separate city or state laws will make no difference

Senior Contributor

SAme here, no muders by gun that I know of but a couple of 'accidental' shootings when hunting.

They tell me the house we live in was where 1 man died a number of years agoa after a shotgun accidentaly discharged and virtually shot off his leg.

But of course that was not the fault of the gun, however if there nad been no gun............

Senior Contributor

Gough;

Your statement covers it,

"You just don't get it do you?"

They argue for more guns, why? because they might see a varmint or maybe a burglar might come into the house.

The existance of a gun increases the likelyhood of an 'accident' and for what % possibility of the gun ever being needed for a legitimate purpose?

Senior Contributor

@Taylor ECIL wrote:

And how many countries do ypou have bordering your country. That smuggle guns, drugs and who knows what else across. That have tunnels dug to bring some pof those smuggled products. Do you have mexican drug cartels setting up gangs in your country? Are they killing people in the streets? In Chicago alot of the killings are gang related, heck probably in most big cities. If you think they are going to turn in their guns because you ask pretty please, your a bigger idiot than I think you are...and that really isn't possible. If youthink they are not going to smuggle guns or ammo into this country because you passed a law well... see above comment about  you. Gee Canada has a pretty friendly neighbor, Austrailia doesn't have any neighbors. Being able to to say we did it why can't you is easy when yoy don't have SA sending their undesirables into your country.

Hope you realize that the big problem in Canada is claimed over and over is from smuggled guns from our neighbour, the USA.