cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Need some help from the bible people on here

Received an unsolicited email this morning from an organization that wants college students to be allowed to carrying guns while on campus.  Am not here to debate this issue but a statement on the email has got me wondering.

On the email it states " please support the God Given Right to carrying guns on college campuses". 

Can someone quote me the passage in the bible that relates to this person's statement?

Thanks

8 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Need some help from the bible people on here

Not a "Bible person" here, but they are probably talking about Luke 22:35 where the Lord said "sell your garment to buy a sword if you don`t have one..".  The weapon available to both good guys and bad guys was a sword., today that weapon is a gun.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/was-the-lord-condoning-self-defense/

Senior Contributor

No! soimebody adivesed to "turn the other cheek!"

Honored Advisor

Oh, if someone hits me in the cheek, I`ll "turn the other cheek" then I`ll be ready for them and kick their ass when they try to hit me again.  Smiley Very Happy  Seriously though, I think that`s what it means to not "start the fight", don`t go off always half cocked.  And I see that myself, I tend to look for the best in people and error on the side that they are always going to follow the "golden rule" and that isn`t always the case, you can be nice to someone and they crap all over you and some more if you let them.   But I still don`t regret in trying my hardest to always look for the best in people.

Veteran Advisor

That is the trouble with you pseudochristians.  You pick scriptures, depending on what the situation is, that the literal word is the true meaning and then, in another situation, you say it really means gun when it says sword.  Balderdash!!!

You even think it applies to other religions.  The Quaran clearly says that you should instigate violence toward another human but you are able to defend yourself if attacked but you say it means they are to kill all the non-believers.

Honored Advisor

When David slew Goliath and when Samson killed a Philistian army..did either David or Samson "turn the other cheek" in battle?  David was most beloved by God.  Christian soliders used the best weapons that they could afford, as did I`m sure the enemies of God.   If a lady kills a rapist with her handgun, will God frown upon that?  if so, what the hell kind of crackpot religion do you belong to Schurrbart?

Veteran Advisor

sounds like the fella has been reading the Quaran.....wtf is going on there?

Obama's America.

Senior Contributor

Oh yes! tatts why you always comment on the best of us!

Senior Contributor

LOL you caught that too ??? Smiley Very Happy

HE reminds me of Betty Bowers - Americas BEST christian Smiley Very Happy