cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Negotiating with doctors

Doctors, most of them, are too **bleep** busy to negotiate with anyone Your lucky if they have the time to discuss your condition or the results of your latest tests. Some of you need to renew your Norman Rockwell vision of the medical profession. He aint gonna trade your lab work for 2 chickens and a duck. 

It's 2012 and he doesn't have time for small talk or to quibble with you over the cost of your rectal exam. You might be tight in that particular area but he doesn't want to discuss it. Nor does he need to. He has got  other people in the waiting room that will pay the price or their insurance will.

You need to get out of your rural area and see modern medicine in a urban area. With a hundred seats in the waiting room and most of them occupied.

68 Replies
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Re: Negotiating with doctors

Don, These are the same brilliant minds that think they can Pray-the-Gay-Away.

You can not possibly expect them to crake open their welded Skulls.

AJ

Faust100F
Advisor

Of course you are joking right!  Physicians are hired help!  Few Sole practioners exist anymore!  And soon . . . the doctor with three ex-wives may be having a hard time paying the alimony and the child support.  Their manipulation of ICDA codes and CPT codes for billing purposes will soon be coming to an end.  Soon the only way a physician can make a living will be by being an employee of an insurance company or hospital, where their salary will be set.  

The day of good pay is soon ending in Medicine, every week 300,000 more people are unemploiyed and soon will be qualified for government health care.   I also look for Tort reform to be coming (can't sue the government), so that lawyers will be limited to damage awards as they are in Texas, where damges are limited

to $250.000. 

Obama, will be be passing out government scholarships to qualified medical students, and in return, they will serve in his government sponsered clinincs.  We can no longer allow citizens to be denied health care because they cannot afford it.  Our system is almost half way there with medicare, title XIX, and VA care. I find it amusing to listen to businesses cry, when one of the largest expenses in business is providing health care for employees.

This expense is on its way off the income statement of business, and that cost will be shifted to the States if Just how stupid are small businessmen who are complaining about no longer having to bear the financial burden of health care to employees  Iowa is not  smart enough to set up the health programs underwritten by the Feds, because the goal of Iowa is to protect the Insurance companeis who own our politicians here in the rural backwater.  Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona. John 

Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona. Adios Amigos. John

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

I'll have give merit in what kraft says.  I live in a area where 2 major hospitals owning  all hospitals and clinic from sd/neb border to into nd.   they either own or control many local hospitals and clinc i se mn and nw ia.   If any out two lying clinic depend on testing by way of internet systems for care   doctors are paid thru hospital.  I don't know iof any independent doctor' if there is these gaint will not workwith them.              Just like modern day farming the gaint farms of 20/30 k farms are coming with aid of govt handouts to them.     

johnaa
Advisor

A neighbor kid became a MD some back and one time when he was here I ask him if he had any intention of coming back to practice locally.  He said no way, because he was working in KC with a doctor's group and only had to work a shift and had most weekends off and most holidays plus plenty of vacation time, which he wouldn't working here.   So much for Rockwell's family physician.   

dairy mom
Senior Contributor

you need to find different doctors kraft.  My cardiologist spent more than an hour with my husband and I discussing our options and saying quite emphtically that the expensive tests the general practioner wanted were not needed, could be done if we wanted to spend our entire deductable, but not necessary.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: watch osamacare destroy medicine

you will see horror stories in medicine --i know several mds and they all agree if you have money -connections or orivate ins. you will get care otherwise you are on your own but libs begged to destroy medical care and now they will get the wish

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: Nah aids will take care of it

herecomederealjudge--and aids is a one time cure dont you agree

Samnospam
Advisor

You should have watched the video I posted a few weeks ago, it would have explained things to you. Very few doctors in a small private practice anymore. It takes to much staff. So you wouldn't talk to the doctor, you talk to the accountants. Been there done that. Call the accountants about your bill, they'll offer a payment plan, you ask how much if I pay you today. You'll get it written down significantly. You don't ask cause someone else is paying your bill.
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I've gotten a pretty good cash discount, every time I asked for it, from both the Dr.s office, as well as the dentist.