cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: Negotiating with doctors

So your basiscaly doing the leg work for ins co.,  I  'm sure you must be aware that ins co do not pay the amount of bill sent you.... The ins co then pays you directly what ever  figure you.negotiated  am I following this correctly    What happens when your negotiate figure is higher than what they would have paid directly to dr. for the proceedure.    does the ins co  pay you the  higher negotiated figure? 

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: Negotiating with doctors

Hobby, I have found in my life that almost every thing is negotiable. Do you pay list price on a pickup?

If I am willing to pay my medical bill up front, instead of paying over time I find a 20% discount not uncommon.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: ah you now see the obalmo healthscare bill

I did nothing of the sort but you are still a 24 carat d1ckhed.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: better reread your post

oh have you ever seen your little head or is it buried under that huge gut but then such a samall item could be overlooked aint this fun GOTCHA !!!!

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: watch osamacare destroy medicine

Why does the liberal argument always use the bottom 5% as an example of what public policy should always be about? Who argues that we should not have a safety net for the people at the bottom, such as a worker making $9 an hour or minimum wage??? Only a very ignorant person would argue that we should not encourage people to be thrifty and look for the best deal no matter what circumstances they find themselves in. A couple with $20 per hour jobs, $40,000 each for yearly W-2 income are actually doing quite well and should be able to budget $6000 into a family HSA plan, especially when the high deductible premium for their health insurance would drop by that amount. Why does it take republican initiative to come up with the HSA plans, and why does your Baby Hugo clone want to eliminate them so badly? Does it have anything to do with his constituency and his vision of America??

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Red Steele wrote:

Why does the liberal argument always use the bottom 5% as an example of what public policy should always be about? Who argues that we should not have a safety net for the people at the bottom, such as a worker making $9 an hour or minimum wage??? Only a very ignorant person would argue that we should not encourage people to be thrifty and look for the best deal no matter what circumstances they find themselves in. A couple with $20 per hour jobs, $40,000 each for yearly W-2 income are actually doing quite well and should be able to budget $6000 into a family HSA plan, especially when the high deductible premium for their health insurance would drop by that amount. Why does it take republican initiative to come up with the HSA plans, and why does your Baby Hugo clone want to eliminate them so badly? Does it have anything to do with his constituency and his vision of America??

You hit it Red but the libs will never understand. They are already paying MORE than the $6,000 that could go into a HSA in premiums. It is going to the insurance companies profit. The reason they don't care is because they are to lazy to look for a deal on their own. It is just tooooo convenient to let the insurance company take care of it for them.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Quite a nobel post.   Lets tke the modern day farmer. and his govt programs.   Do you have budget for HSA, probably not after all the govt has been sending  a DP fthat covers my HSA  costs  for no other reason that  I'm a "farmer"   I don't have to budget for crop ins cause guess what the govt will pickup 70% of premuim.  Then there is the conservation govt programs  taking care of my land " I"  own.  If I can't row  it or it falls out of the subsided crops  I can  put it a "conservation program where govt will pay rent to me.   If I want water ways put the last I heard the govt will pickup 90% of cost..  Then there is  revenue programs to gurantee  loss of income.    Are you pulling the cart I don't think so.           

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

Quite a nobel post.   Lets tke the modern day farmer. and his govt programs.   Do you have budget for HSA, probably not after all the govt has been sending  a DP fthat covers my HSA  costs  for no other reason that  I'm a "farmer"   I don't have to budget for crop ins cause guess what the govt will pickup 70% of premuim.  Then there is the conservation govt programs  taking care of my land " I"  own.  If I can't row  it or it falls out of the subsided crops  I can  put it a "conservation program where govt will pay rent to me.   If I want water ways put the last I heard the govt will pickup 90% of cost..  Then there is  revenue programs to gurantee  loss of income.    Are you pulling the cart I don't think so.           

Get used to it hobby, this what the electorate have said they want. Now they can do for health care what they have done for farming, take from the poor and give to the rich. As long as I can get my free Obama phone, Obama birth control, and Obama insurance

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

And what percentage of the work force

Has two $40K jobs in the same family?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

3020, Don't forget the HOW of what they will do, too....once GOVT gets ahold of Medical care like they have control of the conservation programs, you will get CRP programs, too, where they "retire" the unproductive humans , just like the unproductive land.

I actually did have a terrace put in 30 years ago...it ended up being paid for 75% at govt expense, was crooked, and unnecessary. I spent my own money to take it out, and replace it with some simple landsaping that stopped the gully and kept the water ponded up on the hill until my tiling drained it. So much for govt intervention.