cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Everytime I reply to you

All I was trying to demonstrate, is that people DO shop around, for treatments, especially when their own money is involved.

I was trying to make this as civil a discussion as I could, but you are the one who brought the hemmeroid comments into play. 

Why is something as simple, as asking a question, a p******g contest?

I merely asked, if one can compare dental costs, why coudn't they do the same, for medical costs?

When you open a new thread, saying that those in the medical profession (an exact quote from you here) 'It's 2012 and he doesn't have time for small talk or to quibble with you over the cost of...'  does that not open up the door, for someone to bring up examples, of when such things have happened?

I belive, that if someone takes the initiative, to find these things out, they can.  The dental work, is living proof, that they can.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Nice analogy, Nebraska. Ol Shifty is about as good a capitalist as there is when it comes to his own money. And as Bruce so nicely illustrated with his link to the article about real  conservatism, even the "welfare mothers" that get maligned so often are doing an economic calculation and finding that welfare and benefits out weigh working in many cases. If everyone like Bruce can get ten more people to come around to this type of pragmatic thinking and reassessing entitlement spending, there may be hope yet.

Sometimes you do  get a few glimpses of light in a dark place.

idalivered
Advisor

Re: Yup! had the wife photgraph my hemmorhoids

Good one, don, although I'm trying to scrub the mental image of the wonderful mrs. kraft, dutifully taking pictures from every possible angle!

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

It turns into a pissing contest. That is why I don't reply.

It cost my wife $2000 to have one tooth done in tulsa Oklahoma. That is why we went to mexico because some texans on a cruise told us that they and we could get our teeth repairs for much less in mexico. It was either that or not get the work done. 

This is great and I applaud you. Nothing will lower the cost of dental care more than competition. We need to expand this concept throughout all of health care. You are living proof that people will look for a deal when it benefits them to do so.

idalivered
Advisor

Re: Hilarious

Mr. steele, I've always wonderd that with muslim martyrs and the 72 virgins awaitng to reward  them for their heroic gesture. They never say if these virgins are male of female. Could be an unfortunate choice if the assumption is wrong. To be fair , don might be a pretty frisky guy when it comes to the pretty young female nurses. Who is "shifty" ?
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Don was a used car salesman.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Also ID, a funny cartoon I saw was of a muslim martyr going to the afterlife and finding out there had been a typo...instead of 72 nubile virgins, there were 72 Virginians, such as Washington, Jefferson, etal...waiting there to pound the living crap out of them.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Louis Black comedian

Says the 72 virgins are all fat and ugly!

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I just don't understand

If I back into your car, and you want me to pay for the damages, they say you are to get 2, or better yet, 3 estimates.

Why would you get 3 estimates, for a new fender, as well as research the quality of work that the various auto body shops do, all of which maybe costs $500-$1500, but just 'go ahead and pay' for a hip replacement?

Now, if you get hit by a bus, I understand, you go to whatever ER they take you. but who has elective surgery, without doing any kind of shopping around?

My guess, is that it would be, those who do not pay out of pocket.

Which brings me back full circle, to my original suggestion, for what the government should offer, if it wants to ensure all have health insurance.

A basic high-deductable policy, for all.  Everyone is free to buy up whatever supplemental insurance they desire, to cover what that policy doesn't cover.

For those of little means, assistance could be provided.

Before everyone jumps in, and says it can't work, I ask, how many retirees, of means, have Medicare Supplmental insruance?

How many, when they have a co-pay, go with generic drugs, to lower their out of pocket?